Syncing betwen map my walk and MFP apps

Options
Hello all. I had been using map my walk and run and syncing my workouts to the MFP app with no problems until this week. Every workout I have completed this week I have had to manually add it to the MFP diary. I have double checked that the apps are connected to each other and they are. Just wondering if any one else had been having this problem or whether it is my phone having issues. For info I am using a Samsung Galaxy s3 in the UK.

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    no idea, but can you tell me how you connect MFP with MMW please?

I already have both on my phone (galaxy s3 too) but im yet to work it out. (also same for c25k)
  • jbanteau
    jbanteau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem.

To sync the two apps, open up MFP and open the menu tab. click on "Apps and Devices" and it will ist all the apps you can sync with MFP. Click on the one you want and log in. It's as simple as that.
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Same issue for about 2 weeks now. Same phone I was using previously (LG Volt). I had a friend yesterday also mention here (on MFP) say the same thing.

*edit to add* I'm in the US and my friend is on the other side of the country but also in the US.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options

To sync the two apps, open up MFP and open the menu tab. click on "Apps and Devices" and it will ist all the apps you can sync with MFP. Click on the one you want and log in. It's as simple as that.

do i do that every time i use the app, so everytime i want to use MMW i open via MFP ?
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options

When I do this it just takes me to a page to download the app but I already have the app downloaded and am using it on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

ETA: I went to Improve on my MapMyFitness dashboard and clicked sync. There it allowed me to sync with MFP so is that all I need to do?
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

When I do this it just takes me to a page to download the app but I already have the app downloaded and am using it on my phone. What am I doing wrong?

ETA: I went to Improve on my MapMyFitness dashboard and clicked sync. There it allowed me to sync with MFP so is that all I need to do?
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Sorry replied too soon :ohwell: this is exactly what happens to me so i have given up. Any solutions out there?
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Do you think it has anything to do with Under Armour buying MapMyFitness? MapMyRun stopped logging for me. I use an iphone 4. I was ok with that because the calorie burn is usually ridiculously high
  • ChrisManch
    ChrisManch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MapMyFitness Help & Support > Known Issues > Devices & Fitness Partners

https://support.mapmyfitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/202579740-MyFitnessPal-not-syncing-with-MapMyFitness

There is currently a syncing issue preventing workouts from MapMyFitness transferring to MyFitnessPal. Our team is aware of the issue and working toward a quick solution.

"quick"!
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    I hope they fix this, I've been having this issue with all my my apps, I have to go to the website copy the workout, then delete one for it to sync. I am looking for something else to use.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's been broken for three days now (I do daily walks with MMW syncin' to MFP).
    I'm gonna switch to Strava for the time being...see how THAT works...

Dave

EDITED TO ADD: Apparently this is only affecting ANDROID versions but not iPhones according to the response to my support request reply!!
  • alyssareyans
    Options
    Do you think it has anything to do with Under Armour buying MapMyFitness? MapMyRun stopped logging for me. I use an iphone 4. I was ok with that because the calorie burn is usually ridiculously high

I have an iPhone 4 and mine still works for me.
  • alyssareyans
    Options
    Mine synced yesterday and today. But I had to go through the MapMyFitness dashboard to get it to sync instead of the MFP apps & devices.
  • elainelauramck
    elainelauramck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Still not syncing