Night craving

Options
Can someone help with how to overcome Night craving. I workout and eat healthy but just cant seem to go to bed without eating something. please someone help me overcome this bad habit

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know how as well.

Last night I gave in and since it was past midnight logged it under today instead of yesterday.
  • hscheuerman
    hscheuerman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and stopped trying to fight it, now I just plan for it. I leave enough calories in my daily plan for a small, satisfying late evening snack and put a full water bottle on my night stand. This way, I can control the cravings, stay out of the fridge, fill up on water and still have the scale look good.

Some of my choices include: 1 or 2 tablespoons of lite cheese, 100 calorie pack of popcorn or for when I have been eating really well but feeling decadent, 1or 2 pieces of Dove chocolate. You can also try peanut butter or anything else that will fit your calorie budget & taste.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I tried drinking water!

I had three or four cups.

Finally I got a head ache, bad, it was keeping me up.

So I said "Screw it!" and had a handful M&M Mini's, two cups Celestial Seasonings sinus soother herbal tea, and two Tylenol.

Not sure which did the trick, but finally did get to sleep.
  • Nadoriel
    Nadoriel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Plan for it. I usually have some muffins, chocolate, brownies to eat up at night. Or make up some garlic and cheese bread or a toast with chorizo and cheese. I just eat less during day time, but that's usually easier. Nothing better than getting at night time and look at my full plate of yummi things I still can eat before bed time.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I drink meal replacement shakes (GNC Lean Shake 25)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    budget your calories to leave 200 or 300 so you can have a tasty snack before bed. i have cereal and milk most nights before i lie down, potato chips once in a while.