Newbie..hello!

Options
Hello! My name is Jessica and I just joined this site yesterday and I'm really loving it. I can honestly say I've never counted calories before but I love that this site will keep me in check. My starting weight was 180...and I've lost 4 pounds in the last week, now at 176. My goal weight is 150 because that is where I will feel the most comfortable. I think for my body type that is just right. I've never really been the skinny girl and don't want to be. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin. Anyways, I have been wanting to lose 30 pounds for the last 4 years and I figure it's now or never. I owe to me and my son to be healthy.
I've been doing Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone and I really love it. Anything else I've tried to do as far as exercise has been short lived. But I LOVE her program, I mute her and crank up my playlist on Grooveshark, gets me motivated. I came here to read others stories. I've only been seriously trying to lose weight for the last week and want to continue to be serious. I figure what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Glad I found this site! ♥

I also wanted to add that I had gastric bypass in 2004...I went in weighing 295 pounds. I lost 135 pounds in the course of 2 years. My lowest weight to date was 160. I tend to fluctuate between 165-180. Well I'm tired of fluctuating!

Replies

• sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    We have very similar goals .. I started at 187 and would like to get down to 135. So far I've lost 8.5 lbs in 23 days !! This website is amazing and is so helpful !!!!

Good luck !!
  • dansmyman
    Options
    Hi Jessica-

You will LOVE this site....it is great to keep you on track and make you accountable to yourself, I think that is what is most important, being true to you. I have been on here off and on for a year or so. For the last three weeks I have logged in daily and really makes me proud of myself. I am down about 8 lbs and LOVE seeing the extra calories I can have from working out.

Good luck to you!
  • rache12581
    Options
    Hello! My name is Rachel & I'm a Newbie to FP also. I gave birth to my 1st child 5 months ago. Before I got pregnant I weighed 120. In December I weighed in @ 140 lbs. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. So far since Jan. 4th I have lost 9lbs. I just joined FP today b/c I thought it would be nice to be able to get tips & tools from other people & sources. Plus it's nicer to be able to type & calulate my food/calorie intake in rather than keep it written down in a journal.

Good Luck everyone, WE can do this : )
  • Jax0203
    Options
    Hiya. My name's Jax and I'm another newbie. Don't know how I let it happen but I've gained 30 pounds over the last year - and I was overweight then. So I want to lose 40 pounds but more importantly, I want to lose inches and fit into all my clothes again!:smile:
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! I love being able to track my exercise too, it's fabulous, so glad I found this site! I wish us all luck on our journey!