Majorly picky eater! Help!

Options
Hi everyone

Im 138lbs and 5ft 1inch. My goal weight is 112. I go on holiday in 11 weeks and I'd love to get close to that weight before I go.

I am the worst eater ever! I live on potato smiles and spaghetti hoops, nightmare! I dont like(like cant eat) any fruit, veg or salad! Im not fussed on meat and fish but I can eat them. I am a sugar fiend and always struggle to diet because I have no self control, so here I am!

Any tips on cutting yummy carbs and increasing the good foods??

Replies

• RAWR1202
    Options
    You could take things one step at a time and just set 2 or 3 goals for each week - e.g. eat a piece of fruit each day - and then once you've succeeded, maintain the habit and add a new goal.
    Or you can immediately cut out all the not so brilliant stuff you're eating and replace them with healthier choices. It will be extremely hard at first but your body will get used to your new food choices quicker and then you can start adding the occassional treat back in if you still want to eat them. But who knows? Maybe you'll eventually find you actually prefer the taste of apples to cake like I do? (I admit I still prefer brownies and chocolate granola though.)
    Either way, I think it's important to eat a decent variety of different foods which may be a hard thing to do for a picky eater but will make healthy eating a lot easier. I dislike hearing the words 'I don't like fruit or veg' because I honestly think it's untrue for most people. There are hundreds of different types to try and just because you don't like some, doesn't mean you won't like others. Even different varieties of the same fruit or vegetable can taste completely different - e.g. I don't like conference pears but I love nashi pears and rocha pears.
    Either way, good luck to you!
  • cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Google recipes for kids that hide the veggies. No insult intended, it may work, and keep trying. Also, here is a link to help with losing a relatively small amount of weight:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/737101-relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner?page=2%25252523posts-19474154

Good Luck.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Stop defining yourself as a picky eater as an excuse not to eat right. There are hundreds of vegetables out there and dozens of ways to prepare them. If you don't like any, it is almost certainly a psychological thing.

If you like spaghetti hoops (whatever that is), why can't you get some low carb spaghetti and serve it with a sauce full of veggies? Tomatoes are a veggie, so tomato sauce is also a vegetable. A very nutritious one. But I think you will find that if you add cooked carrots to the sauce and blend it you won't even notice. Now you've just had servings of red and orange veggies.

Or try it over spaghetti squash. Now you've just added a yellow vegetable.

Seriously, stop hiding behind the "I don't like vegetables" label and experiment until find things you like.