Body For Life Anyone? Starting today....

Options
Hey if anyone wants to join me, I finished my half marathon yesterday, so now I'm doing the Body for Life 12 week challenge. Did it about 4 years ago with a lot of success. Basically workouts consist of 3 days cardio 3 days weights. They have a specific weight training plan and it worked well for me....

Replies

• msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ^^ Bump
  • TechOutside
    TechOutside Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've used the Body for Life structure for years. I love the simplicity and the workouts. It just fits for me. While I'm not around enough to do it with you, I applaud your success and wish you the best!
  • msthang444
    Options
    I've used the Body for Life structure for years. I love the simplicity and the workouts. It just fits for me. While I'm not around enough to do it with you, I applaud your success and wish you the best!

TY :)
  • msthang444
    Options
    Week 1 down... any more takers?
  • myorchid26
    Options
    Hi,

This is my second time doing the program. I didn't finish the first time though I did lose 15 lbs. After several years of trial and error with various programs, I came back to this one since I know it's effective though rigorous. I love to sleep in and my workouts have generally been in the evening. It's a lifestyle change for me to workout in evenings. Exercised this morning and it was a breeze. Will bump up weights next time. I also love yoga so I don't want to give up my membership and will do it a couple days out of the week. I also took a yoga class this evening called Sculpt. It involves yoga in a heated room with moderate size weights (3 and 5 lbs). Core Power Yoga (http://www.corepoweryoga.com) Food prep does help - did my grocery shopping yesterday and started eating right for yesterday's dinner.
    Congrats on your 1/2 marathon! I've done a 1/2 marathon and a full marathon. Want to get in shape to train for the full next February.
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at starting this. How is it going for you?
  • msthang444
    Options
    Really Really good. This is week 3, and prior to this, I was LUCKY to lose a full pound a week. I've been consistently losing 1+ lb a week. I can tell the difference in my clothes, and in my body... I LOVE IT :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I did Body For Life many years ago and had great results. Good luck!
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    I am doing bfl now! I started Tuesday. Love it!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,434 Member
    Options
    I did it several years ago and had some success but not as much as eating in moderation. I do still do the lifting routine a couple times a month (mixed in with other stuff).

Congrats on the half and good luck!
  • chrissymcgraw
    Options
    I love BFL! I am in week 7.
  • Tonyour06
    Tonyour06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started today - how did your 12-weeks go?
  • Irongirl22
    Irongirl22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Body for Life yesterday! Looking forward to some body changes and getting healthy! Anyone still going?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, I did it a couple years ago.

I like re-reading the book now and then, regarding goal setting, etc.
  • squishymissay
    squishymissay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started body for life this past Monday 9/29/2014 Anyone still out there?
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've done Body for Life a few years back. Although I didn't do the weight lifting aspect of it (basically did recumbant bike 5-6 days a week) I lost about 25-30 pounds and was in the best shape of my adult life. To make a long story short, i prepped the food this week and am on day 1 again. Hoping this helps motivate myself and my wife to getting back to a shape other than round :-)
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I did it several years ago, lost about 66lbs in 12weeks. Followed it pretty strictly. Of course, I "took a break" and put nearly all of it back on. *sigh*. Now I'm trying for more balance, and definitely much more plant based foods than I was before. I've just started lifting again maybe 3 weeks ago, and am using the BFL profile to try and retain lean mass while I'm on my way down. I'm mostly "just" walking and elliptical for cardio and not to the same intensity asked for in bfl.
  • Compassion8
    Options
    I am starting the Body for life program today. Do you still track your food intake on MFP or just track on the BFL sheets? Thanks!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I did it several years ago, lost about 66lbs in 12weeks. Followed it pretty strictly. Of course, I "took a break" and put nearly all of it back on. *sigh*. Now I'm trying for more balance, and definitely much more plant based foods than I was before. I've just started lifting again maybe 3 weeks ago, and am using the BFL profile to try and retain lean mass while I'm on my way down. I'm mostly "just" walking and elliptical for cardio and not to the same intensity asked for in bfl.

When on is young there are a lot of physical options that work nicely. At my age I have decided to work out in a manner that should work when 80 so I walk. It was not easy at first but now I actually get pumped and do it as long as there is not ice or lightning. On the food side I have left off processed carbs and bumped up the fat (mainly coconut oil).

I have yo yo'ed so many times over the years that my body does not want to give up any fat so the scales are slow to move but that is OK since they are very slowly going down unlike when I was 40-50 years old. Getting into a good eating lifestyle is key for more more than anything. Walking is kind of easy to do if I always park far from the doors where I am going. :)
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been following his workouts for years now. Never was able to get big into the diet. I should maybe try again though now that I think about it. I just modify for my vegetarian lifestyle.
    Starting crossfit soon though so not sure how many days I will have available to do Body for Life. Based on my bad knees though not sure how long I will last at Crossfit, and it it doesn't work I will definitely be following Body for life again.