Has anyone tried Herbalife shakes for weight loss?

Options
Hello all..
Firstly I know many dont actually like the idea of having meal replacement shakes! ????
But I just wanted to know if anyone here tried "Herbalife Protein Shakes and lost weight!?
I have seen my friends who lost having those...
So just wanna know if there's anyone using it..

Replies

• Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Some people have lost weight using it, yes. As soon as they stop using it the weight comes back on. Not worth the money. A calorie deficit is a lot cheaper and works just as well.
  • _Juhi_
    _Juhi_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Some people have lost weight using it, yes. As soon as they stop using it the weight comes back on. Not worth the money. A calorie deficit is a lot cheaper and works just as well.

Yeah the distributor told me that I ll gain the weight back once I stop it.. but what if I keep eating healthy n work out?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Yeah the distributor told me that I ll gain the weight back once I stop it.. but what if I keep eating healthy n work out?

Why not just eat healthy and workout from the very beginning, instead of wasting your money?
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Why not just eat healthy and workout from the very beginning, instead of wasting your money?

+1 :drinker:
  • _Juhi_
    Options
    Yeah...point! But I have already bought it..money wasted already! ????
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    A couple things...

It is over priced junk.
    It does not cause miracles to happen.
    You will not live forever drinking it.
    When you stop, you WILL need to calorie count and exercise, and actually STILL need to do that with the shakes so they are VERY much pointless.
    And last...Is the search function broken again?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

You could also try the "sell it on on Ebay" type approach?

But what Paige and others said is really spot on. Start with the calorie/macro counting and exercise... then don't stop :)
  • _Juhi_
    Options
    Yes...I am already counting them and exercising too... :)
  • BooAndKitty
    Options

You could also try the "sell it on on Ebay" type approach?

But what Paige and others said is really spot on. Start with the calorie/macro counting and exercise... then don't stop :)

Take this womens advice, sell it on Ebay. Its crap, look at the amount of people who's lost weight just by calorie counting. I was looking into herbalife at one point then realised its a con. You can do this yourself.. :laugh:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    My friends husband is a distributor.
    She did it and lost a lot of weight, however, she has gained some back. Not all of it, but some.
    And just for the record they taste like S***!!!! I tasted one of hers and almost chocked it was so bad, so good luck with that. lol
    Why didn't you just buy Adkin shakes at Walmart? They are low calorie, low carb and taste good. ohhhh and half the price.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Here's a link to a recent Herbalife thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1414053-herbalife?hl=Herbalife&page=1

I read all 3 pages of this one, it's quite entertaining ( read: informative.... )

Basically, all meal replacement shake threads turn out the same way.

There's probably a reason for that?
  • PRMinx
    Options

I read all 3 pages of this one, it's quite entertaining ( read: informative.... )

Ha! Thanks. This brings back memories. :laugh:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

You were really featured in that one. You and your crappy 6 lb loss. :wink:
  • PRMinx
    Options

You were really featured in that one. You and your crappy 6 lb loss. :wink:

It was the first time anyone has every called out my MFP ticker. It's almost like a popped an MFP cherry :drinker: