Looking for friends that will help to keep me honest

Options
Hi all,

I am finally getting down to it and am starting a serious bid at getting in shape and doing so in a healthy way. I have had way too many start and stops (even on this site, years ago) to even mention. I'm teetering on the verge of 300 lbs, and that;s enough. Not a milestone I ever wanted to check off my bucket list. (300 lbs - eats terribly and does little to nothing - CHECK). Not a proud realization when i came to it.

I'm hoping there are some kind hearted folks that are willing to offer advice and/or wisdom when needed (sometimes desperately) as well as keeping me honest and on track.

Hope to hear from you, and thanks for looking this over. :)

Replies

• trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 100+ to lose myself and log on daily.
  • sharylsim
    sharylsim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend--on the same journey! Sharyl
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mate dont be scared, add me and I will help where I can, Im in the military and will motivate and offer advice. Im currently losing weight as I have had an injury.
  • thefiley
    Options
    Hi :) I don't have much to lose, but I'd love to help out someone who's made the decision to get going. :)

Edit: Especially since you stated that you want to do it in a healthy way. Honestly, the more moderate and sustainable your approach, the more likely you are to stick with it and make it a permanent lifestyle change instead of 'just another failed period of dieting'.
  • nomorecakeKP
    nomorecakeKP Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. The more support and encouragement the better!
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 pounds in to a 95 pound journey. I log all my meals, and I'm active on the application every day. It will change your life, I swear.

Anyone is free to add me. All I ask is that your food diary is open - that's key to an accountability system :)
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. The hardest part (for me) of getting a workout in is lacing up those shoes.
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    In my experience the best thing you can do is keep the socializing aspect of MFP to a minimum. MFP is a tool and it's great to have a group of people cheer you on - so ofcourse make friends with people - but make sure it's people who are truly here for progress.

Don't get sucked in to a social atmosphere here - this is a health and wellness site. Use it for that. Socialize on Facebook.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.....I too have to be kept honest some days and still have alot to lose .....I'm also here every day:smile::flowerforyou:
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Add me too please hun. Honesty is always the best :) x
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    please add me s a frend.
  • abderahimanchkar
    Options
    feel free to add me :)