Scale=Constant piss off?

Options
Hi all!

I weigh myself usually at my gym at night to see how much fluid i retain, because i bloat like a puffer fish thats inflated himself. The other night (friday) i checked and i was at a solid 171, which is normal for me when i'm bloated. I checked the next morning to get my "actual" weight, sans fluid and all, and i was still at 171. This seems to be a recurring issue because i check on a friday evening and saturday morning weekly, and EVERY week for the past month i clock in the same at what i did the night before! I don't know what's happening, but can anyone offer any solutions? They'd be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The water your body stores from working out may not have left your system yet. Try weighing on Sunday or Monday morning instead and give your body some time to process the workout. Drink lots of water too. I read somewhere to "fight water with water"

Good luck!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate by a number of pounds from day to day just from "water weight" and should be ignored. To not discourage you I would suggest only getting on the scale in the AM once per week for a true indication of your progress. It really does not matter how much water weight you gain throughout the day and this can just hamper your motivation.