I'm new!

Options
Hi! My name is Ami. I'm 34 and 246lbs. Goal weight is 180. I have 3 kids- 2 are in school and I have a 19mo old baby. The 1st of my 3 is autistic. I'm a stay at home mom and been married for 12 years. I've just kinda sunk into this lull where the extent of my activity is doing laundry. I don't eat when I'm supposed to. Normally it's snacking or eating what the kids didn't eat at meal times. I can't live like this any more, so Im trying to do something a little different for myself which is to actually count the calories and to be extremely honest about it. I try to diet every year, I try to not diet every year and just watch what I eat, so maybe I just need to do both at the same time. In googling calorie counting I found this site and I'm quite excited about it. I hope to meet some other fabulous people trying to do the same things for themselves. Hoping to find some encouragement and motivation, hoping to eventually be an inspiration. Happy counting! :wink:

Replies

• simplyme40
    Options
    Welcome, I am a stay at home mom also. This is my second week. I think you will be surprised at what
    you are really eating once you start counting calories, I know I was. Will send you a friends request.
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I've only been here a few days and I LOVE it! The amount of support and motivation I get is more than I have ever had during ANY diet or fitness plan. I really feel like I am going to DO IT this time.

My name is Mia, and some even call me Mama Mia (even my own kids, at times).

I am a stay at home mom, too, I have a daughter in kindergarten and a 4year old son at home.

Much luck to you!
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Ami. I am 35 and started at 242. I am down about 8. You can do it!!!! I'll friend you and we can do it together.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    This is awesome...thanks for 'friending' me! I have to admit its tough to know the difference between what would be really good for you to do vs. what would be all wrong for you. Has anyone seen that video thing "Five Food to Never Eat?" It's advertisement is on this website and I clicked on it thinking it was all part of the webpage....no, it's not. Totally contradicts it by saying calorie counting will work against you and it got me nervous. I'm still doing this because I have to...I just have to....but according to that thinger, I've already screwed myself. It's fustrating. But anyhoo!! thank you for the comments!! Like all of you I sure could use the companionship all the way down to my GW of 180!! Talk to you all soon!!