How long is your commute to work?

Options

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Depends:

If I take the train, it's about 45 minutes (walk to train is about 8 minutes).
    If I take the bus, it's definitely 45-55 minutes (walk to bus is about 8 minutes).
    If I ride my bicycle, it's about 35-40 minutes (depending on the wind).
    If I ride my motorcycle, it's about 20 minutes.
  • CanaryNoire
    CanaryNoire Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    30 mins of music and singing. It's a beautiful thing
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    About 10 seconds, maybe 5 if I skip and a minute if I spill my coffee.
  • crookback
    crookback Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    21 km. and I cycle. Why not use the time on a workout?
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Literally 1 minute.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    7 minutes if the green light Gods are on my side. 15 minutes if they're not.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    On a 'good' day - an hour.

This is in the HOV lanes (I car-pool with two other people).

Add precipitation - or an accident - and you can double or triple that time.

Snow - all bets are off.

A few years ago it snowed - hard - in the middle of 'Rush Hour'. It took us over 3 hours to make it halfway in. We turned around and went home.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Another lucky one... I live next door to my job; about a two minute walk door to door. Comes in handy for dashing home for lunchtime exercise or a home-cooked lunch.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    approximately 3 minutes by car....in winter my car barely heats up and I'm at work already....sucks cause I live in Canada and when it's -40C...I have to start my car about half hour before I have to leave so I don't freeze in those 3 minutes!!!:(
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Addendum to my earlier post (quoted below)

My worst regular commute lasted almost 1 year when I couldn't afford car insurance. It was a 7-10 min drive, but I had to switch to the bus and it took about 1.5 hours! Weird, huh? The local bus ran every 5-7 min, but it went downtown. Then I had to wait 30 min for the right bus to arrive. Then I had to walk about 2 miles to arrive at work about 35 min early. Timing was so crucial that if I missed the 1st bus and caught the next one 5-7 min later, I'd be 25 min late for work!
    Currently a 5-day teleworker, so just a walk to my home office downstairs. On the rare occasion I need to go onsite (like yesterday), it's about 20-25 min from my driveway to the parking deck entrance. But between finding a spot, walking across the street, going through man-traps and security checks, etc., I have to tack on another 15 min.
    I've been lucky that the longest regular commute I've every had in my working life was 45 min each way. But then again, that was a weekend job as a teenager and I took surface streets to avoid tolls. 1+hour commutes are a foreign concept to me but I know a LOT of people who do them. I know one guy who regularly does 2+ hours each way! Heaven help him.
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    2 seconds . . . from the bed to the desk.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It varies but usually takes between 5-12 minutes to travel the 2.5 miles, thanks to busy roads and lots of traffic lights. Still, I'm not complaining! I love living close to the office.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    60-75 Seconds....depends on how fast I walk LOL
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    About 20 minutes into work and about 30 minutes home. I get to work before most people are on the roads, but I leave work as traffic is starting to pick up for afternoon rush hour.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    20 minutes in 45 home...uggggh!
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    30 minutes each way. Unless there us traffic from construction then who knows.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    a 12 minute walk or 3 minute drive (barring a train).
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    no commute. dislike commutes.
  • AmyTCaldwell
    AmyTCaldwell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1 hour and 15 minutes,the way gas prices are now days, that eats half of my pay check.the grocery store and my dog eats the rest.:ohwell: I make it I spend it....... I need to find a job closer to home....carpenter work pays better away from home though.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    3 minutes if I get stuck at the traffic light