• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Fill all containers with ice cream
    Step 2: Profit

I like this plan!
  • pinkupooh
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your input. It is general human nature of blaming other things when weight loss is not accomplished rather than looking at things that I was doing wrong or rather not doing at all...:(

I had a success with MFP in 2012, but since then I have gained all the weight back and more and I completely agree that my eating has gone way out of control. I put food in my mouth even when I thinking this is extra, I totally don't need it. or even when I am completely stuffed...:( Every morning I wake thinking I will monitor myself and eat within limits, but I don't follow that even for 1 meal of the day...:(

May be I will just force myself to do control my cravings and eat clean/less food for about 2-3 days to get out of bad food cravings and all.

I appreciate all the support I get here on MFP, I really love reading everyone positive and even straight to my face types of comments. Everyone's input is really appreciated.

Thanks!!!
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I got the program not for the little containers but for the workouts. I really like them...they are short to the point and target areas. I am on my second go around and still love it. Do I see a difference....no...but I have a lot of weight to loose. I have time for short workouts multiple times a day but cannot dedicate a long set time. So it works in perfect. Autumn does not get on my nerves like so many of the others do so for me it is a winning team. I have no expectation of a 21 day fix but in my frame of mind a short 21 days is a mental thing to keep me going versus 90 days or such. Overall I love the program.
  • Melanie62673
    Options
    I am doing the 21 Day Fix. It teaches portion control and points out how to balance your diet. It's not cheap but the workouts are worth it. My body hurts, which is telling me it works. You can eat your own food and exercise at your own pace. If it is too hard, you do the modified version. After a few weeks you realize that you can do the workouts right along with the rest of the group. There is a great feeling in that. It's only 30 minutes so you never want to give up or quit because you are bored. The containers are fun and help you realize what a portion is. This diet is not something that after the 21 days, you want to eat and entire cake because you have been deprived. If you want a sweet treat, you have to substitute one of your carbs. Sensible thinking......... If you can afford the $60 it is well worth it. That's only 3 month of WW online.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Anything that causes you to eat less calories a day then you burn "works". They simply dumb down calorie counting by giving you different size dishes that you fill with food. A big dish for vegetables, a smaller dish for meats, etc. So you could pay a ton of money for something like that....OR....you could buy a 10$ food scale at walmart and simply log your food on MFP (which is free of course). To me the choice seems obvious.

It's obvious to me too, but people need and like different things. I wouldn't buy it myself; for me it would get too rigid, boring, and paradoxically make eating more complicated. I sort of like the idea; it can be a help for those who have no knowledge of nutrition whatsoever or have a total lack of confidence in that area. But I do hope nobody will think that this is some kind of magic, or necessary, or the only way, to eat healthy and lose weight. And I can't for the life of me see how it's supposed to save time and work. It just generates more dishes to clean? I find meal planning easy and fun. I follow a "checklist" so that I get the right amount from all the food groups every day, and I eat what I like, just make sure I stay within my calorie goal most days.

I like Rosemary Conley's Portion Pots better, though, they follow roughly the same principle, but they're cute! And cheaper, I believe. She's cute too, but I don't like the low fat and low calorie regime she touts.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I've often heard that it takes 3 weeks to develop a new habit. 3 weeks = 21 days. Maybe it's supposed to teach you new eating habits using that logic?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If it works, we wouldn't have people on this website saying they are going on their second or third round of this "fix".
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Anything that causes you to eat less calories a day then you burn "works". They simply dumb down calorie counting by giving you different size dishes that you fill with food. A big dish for vegetables, a smaller dish for meats, etc. So you could pay a ton of money for something like that....OR....you could buy a 10$ food scale at walmart and simply log your food on MFP (which is free of course). To me the choice seems obvious.

It's obvious to me too, but people need and like different things. I wouldn't buy it myself; for me it would get too rigid, boring, and paradoxically make eating more complicated. I sort of like the idea; it can be a help for those who have no knowledge of nutrition whatsoever or have a total lack of confidence in that area. But I do hope nobody will think that this is some kind of magic, or necessary, or the only way, to eat healthy and lose weight. And I can't for the life of me see how it's supposed to save time and work. It just generates more dishes to clean? I find meal planning easy and fun. I follow a "checklist" so that I get the right amount from all the food groups every day, and I eat what I like, just make sure I stay within my calorie goal most days.

I like Rosemary Conley's Portion Pots better, though, they follow roughly the same principle, but they're cute! And cheaper, I believe. She's cute too, but I don't like the low fat and low calorie regime she touts.

This needs repeating: "It's obvious to me too, but people need and like different things. "

Thanks for that. :) Best thing said on this entire thread.
  • Diva1205
    Diva1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I bought it, I hate the containers...but I do like the exercizes.. however I feel that if you have a lot to lose, these aren't the best workouts to try first...I'm really struggling with them.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'd imagine the workouts may be worth purchasing, but $60 seems pricey. The rest of the package is just marketing.