Joan Rivers, Dead at 81

Options

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    She was a lady who wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and behind all that, she really had a generous heart.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no big loss. They can probably recycle all that plastic and build a dumpster out of it.

This woman, was someone's mother, and someone's grandmother and assuredly a friend to many. Like her or not, at least give her the respect of a human being.

Ummmmm.....NO. YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I didn't know much about her, but just reading this post of her passing...May she rest in peace. I was reading all sorts of headlines over Facebook last several days...It seemed like she was getting better, but I guess in the end she got worse...I feel bad for her family, having to deal with this. Like I said before, may she forever rest in peace.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I actually admire her on several levels. She made it as a female comedian in a time where women in show biz were kept around for their looks, not their brains or wittiness. She wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind, and openly did a ton of work for suicide prevention. She kept it real, not considering the amount of plastic surgery she had, of course. I hope her and Johnny Carson work out their strife in the afterlife or something. Classic duo.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I didn't know much about her, but just reading this post of her passing...May she rest in peace. I was reading all sorts of headlines over Facebook last several days...It seemed like she was getting better, but I guess in the end she got worse...I feel bad for her family, having to deal with this. Like I said before, may she forever rest in peace.

I may not be a fan, but yeah with you - I thought she was on the mend...I feel sorry for her family...but she's wasn't my cup of tea honestly.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think she was bold and brave. She definitely shattered glass ceilings.

I also think she would love all the heckler comments in this thread. :drinker:

RIP Joan :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I liked her humor and non-PC comments. But like many here have said, too much body work

madame.jpg

I'm pretty sure that puppet is supposed to be emulating Phyllis Diller. :laugh:
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yea, sad to admit, but I feel the same way as TheRoadDog. It's sad that she died and that people did not often see the sweet and softer side of this lady. In very early interviews I saw a different person. Same with Betty White. What a mouth!!:noway:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I liked her humor and non-PC comments. But like many here have said, too much body work

madame.jpg

That's actually "Madame," of "Wayland Flowers and Madame" fame and man oh man did I just give my age away.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I think she was bold and brave. She definitely shattered glass ceilings.

I also think she would love all the heckler comments in this thread. :drinker:

RIP Joan :flowerforyou:

She would cut down every single one of them quicker and funnier than they ever could hope to be.

IKR!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I loved her wit. Sometimes she could come off as a bit harsh, but I liked her.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

madame.jpg

That's actually "Madame," of "Wayland Flowers and Madame" fame and man oh man did I just give my age away.

Yeah, you are. LOL!

I sort of vaguely remember that. But I always thought she was supposed to be Phyllis Diller. Definitely doesn't look like Joan to me though. But I got the joke.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand being sad at the death of a celebrity over the age of 75, but there's nor reason to be cruel either. 81 was a good life. I'm sure her family will miss her but you can't be too disappointed with 81.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I found her funny and I enjoyed watching Fashion Police.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    good
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really a fan, but I'm sorry for her family and friends.
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Joan Rivers really made a name for herself and opened the door for many young female comedians. I didn't follow her much but did watch her sometimes on the red carpet with her daughter. May she rest in peace. May her family find comfort in knowing she is no longer suffering.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for her family, but I always found her humor to be abrasive and mean spirited.

That's why I liked her.

Sad that she died.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options

madame.jpg

Thanks Family Guy. You are the only reason I knew this existed.