Weekends!!!! ????

Options
2»

Replies

• janey0328
    janey0328 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my boozy brunches!!!

amen sista!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    So my question is: how do you guys keep it "together" on weekends/holidays... please HELP!!!!

By not being restrictive in the first place. I don't cheat, I eat.

Every day I eat foods that I enjoy (this includes alcohol on many days). I log everything and fit it within my caloric budget, and I exercise to help widen the caloric deficit on a daily basis.

By eating foods I enjoy every day, I never feel "deprived", and thus weekends are no different than any other day.

Binge eating behavior is a product of restriction and deprivation. Don't deprive yourself and you may end up seeing a change in your behavior.

The only way to fix something is to identify the root cause of the problem and fix that. The root cause of overeating on the weekends is likely due to restriction and deprivation during the week. You're attempting to adhere to a diet that you don't really like, so on weekends you are even more tempted to eat food you DO like.

So start there - eat foods you like during the week. In moderation, of course, within your caloric budget, and see how it affects your feelings toward food as you reach the weekend.

Also - the weekend doesn't have to be an excuse to move less. Go for a long walk, or workout; do something to earn some of those calories.

You can adapt and do this.
    +1
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do my weekly weigh ins on Mondays for this reason, every weekend weigh in day is just around the corner so that keeps me mindful when I go out. (Not that I'm spending the whole time worrying about it, but I know I'm more likely to be over generous with myself (or 'reward' myself) on the first couple of days after I've weighed in, and on a Monday and Tuesday there's not much harm I can do to my week!)

Also as others have said there is more time for exercise at the weekends. Something I do to slightly counteract nights out is to walk to and from the town centre, which takes about 30/40mins instead of catching the bus/taxi - saves money too!

I've also been drinking less, and not at all throughout the week, it wasn't really a conscious decision, it just makes sense calorie-wise. And when I do drink I try to stick to vodka/diet coke to keep the calories down - I live in SW england so I'd usually have a few pints of cider, but I realised I could drink 5/6 measures of vodka for every pint calorie wise! :drinker: (I don't actually drink a dozen vodkas, just illustrating the calorie saving!)
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips :flowerforyou: but me???? Restrictive? NO way!!! I'll open my diary :blushing:
  • K3nda
    K3nda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i like weighing on Fridays too! Its inspiring not to overdo it on the weekend :)
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i like weighing on Fridays too! Its inspiring not to overdo it on the weekend :)

I'll say! I hope you got the results you were hoping for this morning, K3nda!