Trying to Get A Little More Healthy

Options
Hi Folks.

My name is Tom and I'm new here. Trying to slim down my waist. I'm not particularly unhealthy (don't smoke, don't drink, eat healthy - somewhat). Like I said, I eat healthy. But way too much and have trouble when cookies are around late at night or we're at church (and we eat at my church) and no telling what's coming up in the potluck dinner, but it's usually really good (and no telling how many calories either). Kind of adds up after a while. I've been a 34 waist all my life. But I drank like a fish and smoked cigarettes, too. Stopped all that completely and turned my life in the opposite direction. Well, once I quit drinking, etc. I realized how hungry I was so I went from 175 to 190 to 200 to now 210. Worked outside doing construction and landscaping so I was able to keep it under control. Not doing that now and man, it's tough. Not in bad shape, but could get there. Trying to keep up with the food count and get some exercise (which I need to get on). A friend who works out a lot led me here and I'm not reluctant to be here at all. I'm not as gung ho as most of you on this, but I know that if I hang around a certain way of thinking my thinking will elevate (or lower) to that level. I'm looking for good ideas and good tools and well, good people, too. Hope I can encourage some others here, as well. Thanks for being here.
PS The pig picture is of one of my pets. I posted it laughingly to indicate what I didn't want to become. I take my health and all that seriously, but try not to bring a little humor to what can be a bit intense for some. Don't mean to offend at all. Enjoy.

Replies

• Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I think the pig is cute! Good work on getting healthy. Keep at it!
  • Awabanana
    Options
    Good luck on your journey to better health! MFP is a great resource. I love the piggy! I have wanted a pet pig my entire life! Instead I settled for a little dog named Wilbur after the pig in Charlotte's Web. :)
  • TomInOakCliff
    Options
    Thanks for the response and the encouragement. Seems like some good tools here. I didn't want a pig, just ended up with one when a friend asked if I could take care of him for a month until she found a new place to live. That was 8 years ago. LOL But I'll let him be the PIG and me be the human who can get slimmed back to good shape. I'm very encouraged by a lot of the before and after pictures. Thanks again and God bless.