Belly Fat

Options
I am 29 years old. I am on a diet I have three children and had 3 c-section. I cary all my weight in my belly area. I am on week three of my diet. Is there any goodexercise I can do to lose my belly tightin it up?? Please help thanks.

Replies

• almondiiz
    almondiiz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Planks, start out if you dont know how to do them correctly look it up. So do a count to 10 then everyday and 2 more seconds. At the end of the month you will be up to a minute of strengthening your core. Then cardio cardio cardio.
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    nope, you can't spot reduce fat. Your body is like an onion. Fat comes off in tiny, thin layers, over time primarily through a calorie deficit.
  • cmiller2014111
    cmiller2014111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am new at all of this thanks again.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    She didn't ask to spot reduce, she asked to tighten it up, in other words, she wants to build muscle in her abdomen. I have read that women who've had C-sections have difficulty because their abdominal muscles have been severed, but it IS possible. I'm not a good person to ask because I don't exercise, but I should. :) I just wanted to say I understand what you're asking and good luck.
  • cmiller2014111
    cmiller2014111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tmaryam. Yes each time I was cut I got more scare tissue now I am just flabby. I am to young to look the way I do. Thanks for the encouragment. I hope to accomplish my goal.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Overall fat reduction will get rid of the fat problem; in regards to toning after, I personally do tons of crunches and bicycle crunches. Sit ups are also good and will help you feel the burn in you stomach!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Planks, start out if you dont know how to do them correctly look it up. So do a count to 10 then everyday and 2 more seconds. At the end of the month you will be up to a minute of strengthening your core. Then cardio cardio cardio.

This is all wrong, I am sorry to say.

Planks will strengthen your core, but they will not reduce belly fat, or the appearance of your stomach in any way. And excessive amounts of cardio will be counterproductive. The most effective way to lose fat is to eat at a deficit lift heavy weights while doing it.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    She didn't ask to spot reduce, she asked to tighten it up, in other words, she wants to build muscle in her abdomen. I have read that women who've had C-sections have difficulty because their abdominal muscles have been severed, but it IS possible. I'm not a good person to ask because I don't exercise, but I should. :) I just wanted to say I understand what you're asking and good luck.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "tightening up" a body part. If fat is covering a muscle or group of muscles, it will look flabby, no matter how strong the muscle underneath is. To get the the appearance of a "tightened" body you need to lose body fat. The fat will go from wherever you are genetically predisposed to lose fat first. Keep at it, and eventually you will lose fat from the belly, too.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as "tightening up" a body part. If fat is covering a muscle or group of muscles, it will look flabby, no matter how strong the muscle underneath is. To get the the appearance of a "tightened" body you need to lose body fat. The fat will go from wherever you are genetically predisposed to lose fat first. Keep at it, and eventually you will lose fat from the belly, too.

^^^^ This!!!! x's 1000

That's what I have been doing.
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options

unfortunately You can do a million crunches, be able to hold a plank for 10 minutes, have the strongest abs in the world but if they are hidden under a thick layer of fat you're never going to see them.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Building muscle helps burns fat. It kinda works out. :bigsmile: