First time on here, looking for friends.

Options
Hello there!
My name is sarah. 24 years old I am 5'7 and 201 pounds and frankly disgusted in how I look and feel.
I gained about 50 lbs over the past 4 years from getting a desk job and not moving, going to a lot of all you can eat buffets, and sitting around drinking a bottle of wine after work A LOT. Over the past few years when i hit 170, 180 I would get this disgusted feeling, so I had signed up for pinterest, got a bunch of workout plans ... never did them
Then a fewmonths later i promised to do jillian michaels workouts every day... it lasted four days.
I stopped weighing myself until last week and I saw I was 201
I am embarrased that I let myself get this way. i feel unattractive, i feel unhealthy I am only 24. I want to feel and look better for my boyfriend as he is in good shape. I need some motivation so I stick with this thing and dont cop out again.
Thanks.
* also, I am starting to workout everyday on an eliptical for half an hour and trying to stick with a paleo diet. any other tips plz let me no thanks

Replies

• gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    FR sent.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    HI Sarah! I'll cheer you on, add me! you can do this!
  • darcylong29
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • hexgirlfriend
    Options
    My name is Sarah, too. I'm also new at this! Let's add each other : )
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Hiya Sarah!!

My name is Tricia, I'm 29 and I'll totally be your motivating friend!
  • FR coming! Welcome!
  • kareesm
    Options
    Hi

Im Karee and I am new here too, only a week, I don't even know how to send a friend request... let me know and we can add each other! :)
  • kareesm
    Options
    and why it says I joined Dec. 2013 I have NO IDEA hahaha:laugh:
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends and motivation! My situation is so similar to yours, I'm 196-200 lbs fluctuating. I'm 25 and I signed up for MFP a while ago but am just now starting to consistently track everything and get serious. Friends and motivation are so welcome. I will FR you if I can figure it out :D
  • mrdavis909
    mrdavis909 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I'm 27 and 213, when I used to be 168 at the same height (6'2).

Lets be friends and drive our fat selves away!
  • Vic8893
    Vic8893 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, congrats on taking the leap to start your journey!

Feel free to add me!
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! My situation is quite different than yours (only trying to lose 5 lbs....) but I'm still looking for motivation as well!
  • crystalina888
    crystalina888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a year away. Also 5'7" and just weighed myself at 215... Ughhhh. Need to get back on track :) sending a friend request your way
  • joverw50
    joverw50 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend as well. I am looking to weight that I had previously lost.
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    I know just how you feel. All the eating and drinking too much! Feel free to add me. I'm always here to offer support, and I can use as much encouragement as I can get. ;)
  • leidy1000
    leidy1000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FR sent..i started this a couple of years ago started at 130 pounds im 5'1 i lost to 119 with my fitness pal but hm gaained weight 2 years ago so im back i started with 195pounds im down to 163 already hoping to go down again haha so feel free to add me ill need the motivation! :)