Last Resort or Abort?

Options
If it's there I eat it. That's how my mindset is right now. As I type this I still want to go and order a pizza. I'm not the most unhealthiest person but I can't seem to reach my goals. I weigh 154. My goal is to drop under 140. I'm stuck in a cycle where I get motivated, get halfway there and give up. Then for the next few months, I gain back what I spent days, weeks trying to lose and then more. It's been happening forever. I don't even feel like trying to reach my goal because I know it's just going to happen again. Yes I know that's a limited mindset but if you've fallen so many times it becomes a habit. I need help not to lose weight but to keep trying, to keep pushing. I need motivation.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Do you have total control over what food " is there"?
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    It just takes practice. Just for today, don't order the pizza. Make a food plan and stick to it. It's really hard at first (or for a long time...) but just do it and remind yourself why you want to lose weight. Prove to yourself that you're not a quitter :)

Last night I wanted ice cream so badly, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I didn't have it. I told myself I'd have some tomorrow , get over it. I went to bed without it and woke up very proud of myself. There's nothing wrong with ice cream, of course, but I have to relearn how to be in control of food and stick to a plan.

You can definitely do it. Just one meal at a time!
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Op how tall are you?
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have control at times but once I lose control, it's down hill from there
    And I say that every time I start my "plan" but after a while my motivation dies down. The words that motivated me earlier are just some words that form a sentence and have no value to me.
    I'm 5'9
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    5.9 and 154. Want to be 140?
    First of all, I'm 5.6, and never been 154. Not even when I was born. 2nd. Wouldn't make you that underweight? I think you are in the perfect range!

If you were 154 when you were born then you better thank your mother for a job well done. It's not underweight it's just right, I calculated the body fat. It kills myself to no being able to reach my goal every single time
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I am craving a heavy, fatty food like pizza I cook up some lean meat, seasoning well. Pair with veggies. And eat my heart out. Except i don't even end up eating that much because the protein and fiber fill me up right away. Your body really just wants calories.

*Edit - did I forget to say don't forget the cheese? :-D
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    OP forever is a long time. And if you control the food around you then do not buy the things you lose control over. Make sense?
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight, I would start focusing on working out more than watching calories. You might be surprised how great you feel after a hard workout - plus then you could have your pizza ;-) Working out will remold your shape for you, redefining parts you may feel uncomfortable about into something to post selfies over. Just a thought!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm 5.6, and never been 154. Not even when I was born. 2nd. Wouldn't make you that underweight? I think you are in the perfect range!

It is not underweight. I am an inch taller than Op, and under 140 and am not classified as underweight.
    126 or so, is the minimum for 5'9 if I remember rightly. though obviously the ideal weight at a specific height, will vary from person to person.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

If you were 154 when you were born then you better thank your mother for a job well done. It's not underweight it's just right, I calculated the body fat. It kills myself to no being able to reach my goal every single time

I suggest focusing more on fitness right now, as in, body recomposition, to drop your bodyfat.
    Sure, diet is important, but it may well all fall into place if you are doing some consistent weight training to make use of these lapses.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It seems you are aiming for too low a weight. My 16 year old son is naturally thin & his doctor would like him to gain some weight - he is 5'9" - not quite 5'10" yet & he weighs 150. Again, he is naturally thin (ectomorph) & his doctor would like him to gain weight. Have you talked with a doctor about your weight & where you should be? It's great that you want to eat healthier, but being a healthy weight is important too.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options

It is not underweight. I am an inch taller than Op, and under 140 and am not classified as underweight.
    126 or so, is the minimum for 5'9 if I remember rightly. though obviously the ideal weight at a specific height, will vary from person to person.
    He is an 18 year old boy, not a middle aged woman, and should be focused on growing muscle mass not losing weight if he is unhappy with how he looks.