How much butter and cheese do you consume per day?

Options
For cheese, I eat about 3-4 slices of cheddar cheese per day. For butter, I consume about
4-5 tablespoons per day. Is this a tiny bit excessive or is this alright on the ketogenic diet? (I'm supposed to be consuming about 1750 calories per day on this weight-loss diet I'm on.)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Depending on what else you are eating, cheese and butter in those amounts are fine.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    wait...that's like between 650-1000 calories on butter and cheese.

With just 750 left over for you know, bread, so you can make that grilled cheese sandwich.

You spend between 1/3 - 1/2 of your calorie intake on butter and cheese?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    For cheese, I eat about 3-4 slices of cheddar cheese per day. For butter, I consume about
    4-5 tablespoons per day. Is this a tiny bit excessive or is this alright on the ketogenic diet? (I'm supposed to be consuming about 1750 calories per day on this weight-loss diet I'm on.)

Is this Paleo? Primal? Low Carb? It sounds awesome.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    oops, my fault. I can eat more on top of whatever calories are left after all of the cheese and butter because I lift weights at the gym for about 45 minutes at 3-4 times a week and I also walk for another 60 minutes about 3-4 times a week as well.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    oops, my fault. I can eat more on top of whatever calories are left after all of the cheese and butter because I lift weights at the gym for about 45 minutes at 3-4 times a week and I also walk for another 60 minutes about 3-4 times a week as well.

Right! So did you weigh the cheese? Or are you following a diet where weighing food is optional? Can you follow the diet just by counting slices?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp of butter
    1 oz cheese
  • FatAsianNerd
    Options
    I'm not quite sure how I would classify this but I only eat 30 or less grams of carbohydrates per day. It's approximately 65% fats, 30% protein, and 5% carbs. On many occasions though, my protein intake at the end of the day exceeds my daily goals. I'm trying to find ways to find more fat sources without too much protein that come along with it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Depends. If I have bought some cheese in, such as emmental, I will sometimes get through 2-3 oz in an evening.
    But I do not have it in all the time.
    I currently am having 1 oz of soft goat's cheese with my dinner each evening as I love goat's cheese.
  • FatAsianNerd
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not really weighing them at all. I just go by the slices based on the nutritional values given on the back of the packages.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not really weighing them at all. I just go by the slices based on the nutritional values given on the back of the packages.

Just for sharts and goggles you may want to weigh them. If you want to lose weight and track calories weighing is a good idea. To awnswer your first question, I eat about 1 ounce of cheese a day and half a TBSP of butter.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    butter never. (no particular reason other than I don't really eat much bread as I have other carb sources I prefer and therefore no need for butter)

cheese: probably 3-4x a week. 30-50g at a time normally. Depending on what I'm making.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    None. I dislike both.
  • FatAsianNerd
    Options
    yeah, I'll get a digital scale soon. thanks.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I eat 3-4 oz of cheese a day, but I am not on a keto diet. I count calories. Feta and gorgonzola are relatively low calorie per oz.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I follow keto - I have 2tblsp of butter a day and 2-4oz cheese on average. :)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat one slice of cheese about once or twice a week. Also, I use about 2 Tbsp of Smart Balance butter a day on my Gluten free bread.
  • creamvespa
    Options
    1/2 tbs of butter or 1/2 tbs of coconut oil (only for cooking), 2- 4oz cheese, 2 tbs MCT oil, 1-2 tbs olive oil (salad)
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No butter and one or two colby snack cheeses.
    I've never done keto myself but my roommate lost a bunch of weight on it a few years ago. It seemed like she was constantly eating cheese and pepperoni. I'd guess she ate at least two pounds of it a DAY.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All of the cheese, all day every day.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Depends. If I have bought some cheese in, such as emmental, I will sometimes get through 2-3 oz in an evening.
    But I do not have it in all the time.
    I currently am having 1 oz of soft goat's cheese with my dinner each evening as I love goat's cheese.

Love cheese....gouda :love: !!