How do you get back into dieting again, HELP

Options
Been of this App for months, but need help to get motivated again, for some reason my brain wont get back into gear.
Anybody got any ideas how i get back at it.
And i'm looking for lunch and tea recipes as i think iv eaten to much salads, i just cant look at another, think that's been the proble:yawn: m

Replies

• Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I'm stuck in a rut, I always get out of it by going for a good run. I then remember how good I feel after a workout and get motivated again :) I'm vegan so I can only suggest to you some vegan recipes, but I just made this chili recently and it turned out really good, I'd recommend it: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Vegan-Chili-51216410. You could also try some homemade veggie burgers, some recipes involving quinoa (this one looks good: http://vegangela.com/2013/11/19/quick-easy-indian-curry-quinoa/) or homemade sushi! Leftovers of any of the above would be great for lunches too.
    Good luck :)
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tea recipes, I can't really provide any advice on. I do drink tea, but I like my Orange Pekoe straight up over ice. By itself no sweeteners or lemon.

Here are some quick Lunch recipes, use any of the following:

Frozen Veggies : Broccoli, Asian/Oriental Blends, French Cut Green beans, California Blend, Spinach
    Nuts: Almonds, Peanuts
    Sauces (use labeled serving size per cup of veggies): Classic Stir Fry, Szechuan, Peanut Sauce, Soy sauce. I've made a sort of quick Ratatouille by just tossing veggies with Spaghetti sauce too.
    Meats (opt): Leftover grilled chicken, salad shrimp,

Rice or Pasta pairs well with these but are optional as well unless you're crazy hungry that day.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lost my motivation around the beginning of the year. Tried several times to restart....kept slipping back. I wasn't emotionally ready.

Then just before labor day, I was in a ladies boutique and saw myself in a full length mirror. I looked SO fat. It finally hit me.

I got the courage to get on the scale and I had gained back 20 POUNDS! That was it...the madness was over I reset my ticker and am not looking back.

I have to hit bottom mentally before I can get mad enough to get motivated enough to get back on track. That look in the mirror was enough. I know I can get that 20 pounds off by Christmas...that's my goal.

ETA - As for lunch, I like soup. I get fresh, hot soup at the grocery store and have it a couple times a week. Makes for a nice change from tuna fish or egg salad sandwiches. :)
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I was in a rut for a while too. I decided one day that I was going to change that. I didn't want to eat salads all the time so I clean my fridge out and and stocked it up with fresh fruit, veggies and lean meats. In the mornings I always have my Shakeology. Lunch I usually have fresh veggies, fruit and something with high protein. Snacks I have air popped popcorn, fruit or cut veggies. Dinner is pretty much like lunch. Post workout I love having string cheese and/or blueberry yogurt. Just mix it up so you don't get bored. You can add me if you like:)