First 5K is complete and down 40lbs!

Options
Hello! Well, I completed my first 5K this past weekend! It was awesome! I'm not a runner by any means, and I did it! I did the ColorVibe run, which made it fun! I did the C25K program, which really helped! I went from about maybe making it to a half mile to running 3 miles in just 9 weeks! I really suggest this to everyone!

I've also lost 40lbs since mid-April and I've lost over 20 inches (from head to toe)! Really just watching what I'm eating--fruits, veggies, grains, and lean meats...really, the stuff you know you should eat! I still have another 50 lbs to go, but I know I'll get there! :0)

Here is a picture from December 2013 and this one was taken after the race!

308d799d-dd60-4974-8cd7-7d0c80b3b273_zps00a34680.jpg

Replies

• Ginny_07
    Ginny_07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations, I'm about to finish my third week of the program and honestly at the beginning I felt like I was on an impossible mission but now I'm truly amazed I can run 3 minutes on a row! I can't wait to week 9 and see if I can really make it. I'm like 70 pounds overweight and hope to lose some of it by running.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    *HIGH FIVE*
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Congratulations !!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Great job, way to go! I just finished W5 D1 and feel pretty good. I can't believe how much I've improved from the first week (when I thought I was going to die!) I highly recommend C25K also and I use the free online app. Really good music helps a lot too!

Thanks for being so inspiring!!! :flowerforyou:

Sláinte :drinker:
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great work! Now that you have a 5k under your belt it's time for the 10k training :smokin:
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Great work! Now that you have a 5k under your belt it's time for the 10k training :smokin:

Maybe....really want to work on my 5K time, and I've been told to just keep running longer...so who knows what's ahead! :0)
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Over the finish line in so many ways, get ready for the next......congratulations
  • Bellavita2888
    Bellavita2888 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Pretty Smile too.
  • optionalsourcewins
    Options
    AWESOME!!! So very inspiring!!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    way to go careful running can be addictive. there really is a runner's high

29509743.png
  • GottaHafta
    Options
    Great job!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    That is great- Keep it up
  • CourtLloyd
    Options
    way to go careful running can be addictive. there really is a runner's high

29509743.png

That's what I hear! I guess we will find out where I am in another 6 months! Goal is to lose an additional 50lbs!
  • CourtLloyd
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations, I'm about to finish my third week of the program and honestly at the beginning I felt like I was on an impossible mission but now I'm truly amazed I can run 3 minutes on a row! I can't wait to week 9 and see if I can really make it. I'm like 70 pounds overweight and hope to lose some of it by running.

Thank you, and you can do it! I didn't think I had it in me to run 3 miles in just 9 short weeks! IT IS POSSIBLE! Keep it going, and you'll do it!!
  • edamamechan39
    edamamechan39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Hey, you run for sport - you're a runner! There will always be someone slower or faster than you, but you chose running as your fitness, so that makes you a runner :) Enjoy every mile!
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'll bet you feel very proud! You should. I am a little ways behind you, but I'll get there. I am down 29, and ran a 5k on the treadmill. I know it is not the same as on the road, but I felt good doing without stopping.
    Good luck going forward.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, congrats! I really see how your face has slimmed down. :drinker:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both the run and the 5K!!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Excellent! *High five*
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so happy in your run photo! I've been hesitant to start the C25K program, but now I feel like I have to!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!