who only has 1200 C per day?

Options
I would love some additional meal info with having such a limited amount of calories each day!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary :-) (keep in mind my bday was last week and I ate some out-of-the-ordinary things)
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'd never be able to adhere to the 1200 calories without adding the exercise calories. If nothing else, it gets me working out so I can have a normal sized lunch!!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I make lots of soups full of veggies/beans. Usually they are around 100 calories for a 2 c bowl and keep me full! This week I am doing sweet potato. Last week was black bean.

Check my blog http://www.momvsfood.blogspot.com/ :smile:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just had lunch:
    One english muffin..............................................................100 calories
    One boca flame grilled burger............................................120
    One wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese.......................35
    One third of an avacado.........................................................73
    OnionLettuce.............................................................................0

10 special k chips
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200, but definitely take advantage of my exercise cals!
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Lots of salads, soup, and foods high in protein and fiber to keep me feeling full. Snacks of veggies and fruits are a nice treat as well.

If possible, I highly recommend exercising since it's good for your body and gives you a few hundred more calories a day to work with.
  • redfox1218
    Options
    I have 1210, and it's hard without the workout calories. but lots of fruit and veggies as snacks as well as keeping busy. If I'm at home all day, I'm eating all day.
  • justevil00
    justevil00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I didn't think that I could do it either, at first. My diet for the most part consists of a small breakfast (Jimmy Dean Sandwich- 260 Calories), Some Clementines (40 calories each), Special K bars (90 calories each), a Lean Cuisine or something else small for lunch, when I try to go walk...and then something from skinny taste (www.skinnytaste.com). Her recipes are great, very filling and very low calorie/low points. I have to make myself eat dessert nowdays almost if I want to reach the 1200.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Really large salads (watch the dressing though). I always keep low cal cottage cheese around too. Portion control and larger helping of veggies compared to meat with dinner. Also some vegetarian products are lower in cal (smartlife veggie protein hot dogs are45 cal each) but of course fresh foods are better for you than processed. I like stuffed pasta shells from schwans-2for 200 cal plus however much sauce you add.

Can't wait to see what others say. To be honest sometimes I workout just to eat more! 1200 cal can be difficult
  • AmandaJPK
    Options
    If you like Mexican food at all and like salad - try a salad made with romaine lettuce (1 cup), cherry or grape tomatoes, 100 calorie pack Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Peppers Cheese, New York Brand Tortilla Strips, 1/2 cup of black beans and Newman's Own Light Lime Vinegrette Dressing. Every now and then I add some avocado but it's a low calorie lunch and keeps you full!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I will have oatmeal (120 calories)
    or a breakfast sandwich.

Breakfast sandwich:
    All Whites (like Egg beaters)- (microwave in a small saucer for about a minute)
    2 slices 35 calorie Healthy life wheat bread (toasted)
    1 slice American cheese
    Total: 170 Calories

Drink hot tea (because it is winter:smile: ) or water
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Besides the weekend, when I had one crazy day, haha, last week, both Tuesday and Wednesday were SUPER normal, perfect days for me. Feel free to look at them. (today, and Thursday are my annoying class schedule days, so they're at the same amount of calories, but are weird).
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone.
    Generally I am great at sticking between 1200-1300 on non-exercise days.

I have already lost 3.2 pounds in the past three weeks but there are certain days where I am just starving and the exercise calories aren't an option--or exercise isn't an option!

I appreciate the help!
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, I try to stay between 1200-1300 on non exercise days (like today) too. Fell free to look at my diaries, they can be a bit scattered but should be helpful.
  • MinnesotaMommyof3
    Options
    Great website! Thanks! How do you record those meals? Does she have the calorie, etc. info. listed somewhere?
  • boogbite
    Options
    my best advice: get LOTS of exercise! the more calories you burn the more you are allowed to eat. I've been working out every day, burning between 100-450 calories. I also choose to eat those calories (some people don't) so i have a net calorie intake of about 1200 even though i eat between 1300 and 1600. it's the only way this works for me, otherwise i feel hungry all the time.

stats: I've lost 7 pounds since January 1st. Good Luck!
  • rcrea
    rcrea Posts: 80
    Options
    Hey there! I'm on 1200 Calories as well. My food diary is open for viewing. Feel free to check it out. I'll send you a freind request as well so we can help each other out. :)
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Lots of salads with no cal dressing. Tonight I ate:

5 egg whites - 85 calories (scrambled)

Added 1/2 can mushrooms and some frozen onions with green peppers - 40-50 calories

1 slice lite sunbeam white bread - 40 calories

Totaled less tan 200 calories and it filled me up!
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Amen to that. Some days I sit at the table, eat my serving and think to myself, I am starving. Thank God for exercise calories. They get me through and they are helping to streamline and tone my body.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I keep my meals at aprox. 300 cals each. That leaves 300 cals to play with or to use as snacks.

breakfast:
    ~vanilla yogurt w/ granola or
    ~ breakfast wrap made with egg beaters, cheese, onions and salsa in a 90 cal flat out wrap. (The wrap keeps me full for hours!)
    ~breakfast sandwhich using bagel flats, egg beaters, a soy sausage patty & fat free chese (this takes about 45 secs in the microwave).
    ~Egg mugs are good too. You add egg beaters into a coffee mug with any veggies you like and nuke. Easy for an on the run breakfast.

Lunch: dinner left overs or a sandwhich or a soup and/or a salad

Dinner:
    ~chicken fajitas in corn tortillas w/ brown rice & heaps of veggies.
    ~grilled chicken marinated in italian seasoning
    ~sloppy joes made with boca crumbles (soy)
    ~pizza made with flat out wraps, onions, sauce & fat free cheese
    ~soft tacos made with boca crumbles & taco seasoning
    ~chicken tortilla soup (home made)

snacks: fruits, hummus, string cheese, nuts

For my chocolate cravings I get sugar free jello pudding or those new mousse sensations. really yummy!

I also have Hungry Girls "200 under 200" cookbook that has meals & desserts for under 200 cals. Let me know if you like any recipes, I'll be happy to share :)