Cold and Alone

Options
It's winter here and it's making it harder to work out. Cold weather just makes me sad. And I have no motivation to actually work out. And I don't get much support from family and some friends. So I was hoping I'd meet some people on here are going through what I am too and could help each other out! :)

Replies

• lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have 2 feet of snow in my yard and its depressing. But keep exercising because it'll help you feel better and on the good days, get outside and go for a walk!
  • lordt
    lordt Posts: 5
    Options
    It's a good way of exercising - try and dig out the snow as fast as you can. I just kept shifting the pile round my yard for three weeks running.
  • porkchopmomma07
    porkchopmomma07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: Cheer up chica! I know how you feel. I generally like to run outside, but it has been just too cold. Hit me up on email if you need to talk.
  • rosieg32
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! Get out and play in the snow, build a snowman, if you don't have a dog, borrow one! Have fun! Stay within your calories and you will lose....guaranteed!
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I miss the warm sunshine too! Find some fun workout DVDs or make up your own routine to your choice of tunes. Staying active will at least keep you warm :)
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's a good way of exercising - try and dig out the snow as fast as you can. I just kept shifting the pile round my yard for three weeks running.

LOL, I bet your neighbors thought you were crazy! :laugh:
  • annpat28
    Options
    You will feel much better if you work out. I am ready for spring time.
  • rosieg32
    Options
    Really cold today. In the negatives.....brrr! I really needed cardio though. I thought I would do my stairs, just the ones in the foyer. 15 minutes would be enough. Ha! I thought it would be easy. I had set the kitchen timer and half way through I thought I would never make it........but I did.....PHEW!
  • rosieg32
    Options
    How have you been doing?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I know! I'm totally sick of snow, even though we don't have that much of a pile up here in central PA. All I have time for is shovelling and snow-throwing it. I don't have time for fun and games with it.:-( I wish I could make snowmen and go sledding....*sigh* Oh to be a kid again! It only makes me want to curl up on the couch with a load of blankets, rather than go out in it to the gym.

Shannon