Peanut butter

Options
So I try to eat a really clean diet, mostly whole foods, lean protien, fruits, veggies etc. But I'm craving PB for some reason and I was looking for ideas for incorporating it into my breakfast tomorrow.

Replies

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So I try to eat a really clean diet, mostly whole foods, lean protien, fruits, veggies etc. But I'm craving PB for some reason and I was looking for ideas for incorporating it into my breakfast tomorrow.
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't consider peanut butter a "bad food". I usually have about 2 tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter w/celery and carrots for my midday snack. It gives me the necessary fat and protects my heart. I think in moderation adding a bite of peanut butter isn't a bad thing.
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    celery and peanut butter or peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Maybe toast with PB on it? With some fruit on the side?
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter (stay clear of Jiff, Peter Pan, etc) in morning oats!!

Or my reliable favorite, cottage cheese and peanut butter!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Get the organic, no sugar added PB. Read the side of your PB and see the salt and sugar has been added. I found this out from this site and was shocked.

I bought Smuckers Organic Creamy Peanut Butter. I LOOOOOOVE IT!

I toast peppridge farm light oatmeal (45 cals) and add 1 tblspn a slice. it is so good.
    The trick is to measure it. If you dont you can end up with 600 cals for 1 meal.

Good luck and enjoy your peanut butter.!
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I either core or slice an apple and have it with peanut butter for breakfast. Bananas are good with peanut butter too. I stick to either the low fat or old fashioned, if for no other reason than it has a better taste to it. Publix Old Fashioned or the Smuckers is the best!
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    You can put PB on just about anything!

I used to put it on homemade pancakes, and then drizzle a little bit of chocolate syrup and regular maple syrup on them as well. I don't even want to know how many calories are on that concoction!
    :noway:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 a PB sandwich on Light Whole Wheat bread every morning as part of breakfast. Gives me some "good' fat, some protein, too, and the fat in it helps slow down the digestion of the carbs in the bread and cereal I eat, which in turn helps control blood glucose spikes, and helps you feel fuller longer, too!

I use Simply Jif.
  • kewright
    kewright Posts: 18
    Options
    Peanut Butter isn't a "bad food". Definitely eat the all natural brands or try Almond Butter which is delicious & so healthy. I eat peanut butter on everything! I eat it with mashed bananas & spread on bagels; I sometimes put a Tbs in my cereal; I make vanilla smoothies & add peanut butter; the list goes on . . . gotta have my peanut butter! I have a recipe for Peanut Butter Muffins which I make & freeze & then microwave one for 45 seconds for a quick breakfast. I'll try to attach my muffin recipe -

PEANUT BUTTER MUFFINS
    1 c. peanut butter
    1 c. milk
    1 egg
    Optional “Fruit Add-Ins”:
    chopped&peeled apples or pears
    frozen berries
    1 mashed banana + i sometimes add ¼ c. applesauce
    drained pineapple tidbits
    dried cranberries, dates, apricots or raisins
    (I usually add 1 banana & apples)
    1 c. whole-wheat flour
    1 c. cereal (Bran Flakes/Chex/grape nuts, etc.)
    ½ c. sugar
    1 Tbs. baking powder

In large bowl stir together peanut butter, milk, egg and any of the “fruit add-ins”.

In a medium bowl mix the remaining ingredients; add to peanut butter mixture and stir just until moistened.

Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and divide mixture evenly.
    Muffins - Regular-size - 12: Bake @ 400 degrees 20 minutes.
    Muffins - Jumbo-size - 6: Bake @ 400 degrees 25 minutes.
    Loaves - Mini - 8: Bake @ 400 degrees 20 minutes.

Remove from pan and allow to cool on cooling rack.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Kewright! Nice seeing you here too! That recipe looks yummy!

I love my PB. I eat Naturally More PB which has added flaxseed and only has 11g fat for 2 Tablespoons. I add it to my yogurt (kind of whip it up so it's nice & creamy), my oatmeal, w/ sliced apples, on WW bread or tortilla, etc. I could eat PB w/ about anything!! :tongue:

Jess
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideaas. I'm going to pick up some Natural PB, and as weird as it sounds, try it in my oatmeal.:love::love: :love:
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i pretty much make the best oatmeal in the world :happy: lol... no seriously, i CRAVE it if i don't have it in the morning.

1/3 cup quick cook oats
    1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    1/2 mashed banana
    approx. 1 cup water

put all ingredients together, microwave for about 90-105 seconds, add some splenda if it's not sweet enough and enjoy!

mmmm i'm already looking forward to breakfast.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I buy kraft smooth peanut butter its about 90cals for 1tbsp. I am SO going to try those muffins thanks for sharing!! You should add it into the recipe place!
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i pretty much make the best oatmeal in the world :happy: lol... no seriously, i CRAVE it if i don't have it in the morning.

1/3 cup quick cook oats
    1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    1/2 mashed banana
    approx. 1 cup water

put all ingredients together, microwave for about 90-105 seconds, add some splenda if it's not sweet enough and enjoy!

mmmm i'm already looking forward to breakfast.

Awesome breakfast. I eat almost the same, my oatmeal recipe is:
    1 cup old fashioned oats
    4 oz whole milk
    2 tablespoons N. Peanut Butter (naturally more)
    cinamon
    vanilia extract
    60g fresh blueberries
    40g fresh raspberries

Add a little sugar free maple syrup for sweetness! :bigsmile:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    apple with peanut butter or a little peanut butter spread on a whole grain waffle or toast... mmmmm...
    *drools a little* :tongue:

also, this is way off peanut butter but avocado toast - spread a ripe avocado on sturdy whole grain toast, put a touch of olive oil and some salt and pepper on it! *drools again*
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Thomas Light multi-grain english muffin toasted with 1 tbsp of pb :) Sometimes, I add a little sliced banana too! :wink:
  • i just had one of those smuckers uncrustable sandwichs.:smooched: i love peanut butter