Red Velvet Cake....need info ASAP!

Options
Anyone know the serving size and calorie count for a frosted red velvet cake from the Real Canadian Superstore's bakery? Can't find it anywhere, and I actually phoned the store. They told me 1/2 the cake is 480 calories....doesn't sound right when most of the items in the database come in at about 300 or so per slice. :huh:

Replies

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Is this the one?

http://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/en_CA/recipes/recipeslisting/red-velvet-cake-with-raspberry-buttercream.html

Man, that looks tasty! Anyway, you can click on Nutrition Info. It doesn't list the serving size, however. I will assume the 600+ calories are per slice.

Nutritional Information

Calories 670 cal

Fat 33 g

Sodium 370 mg

Carbohydrate 90 g

Fibre 1 g

Protein 4 g
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    we brought red velvet cake home tonight for my partners fathers day our daughter chose it it has hapy fathers day on it im so mad I cant eat that with them because im gluten free celiac disease... its sitting in the cupboard and I keep thinking about it grrr! Id get so sick if I even tuched it ive never even tried that cake but the 600 cals and being celiacs is such a put off im sorry to be abit random just thought it was kinda ironic your post was up and I been thinking about it for the last couple of hours lol
  • checomgeo
    checomgeo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    that cake gives 12 servings according to the link. it's beautiful but rich in calories.