Sweating for the Wedding

Options
Hey! Just turned 25 on the 25th of August and just purchased my wedding dress. (AH!)
Anyway, I was ashamed to buy my dress a size 26 and still tell me they would have to let it
out in my hips a couple of inches. So while I'm waiting on my dress to come in and before I
have any alterations done to it (Not til May, so I have a while) I want to shed as much weight
as possible to look beautiful for my soon-to-be-hubby on our wedding day (September 2015). Everyone please
feel free to add me! xo

Replies

• everrinder
    Options
    I am in the same boat. My dress is a size 22 and we are getting married April, 2015. :) Hoping to have a lot of weight off by the big day and then beyond that!

Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I get married in July 2015, I haven`t even been wedding dress shopping yet, so not worrying about it until at least January next year. Just keep progressing and you`ll be fine, stick to your goals and ensure you log everything correctly and you`ll get there.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Isn't it crazy that you have to order wedding dresses so far ahead? I would have thought that any decent dress company could keep a good stock of various sizes and then release them upon a month or 2's notice for alteration/finishing.
  • crunchienugget
    crunchienugget Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 2016 but I'm a bridesmaid for my sister next year and she's in at me to lose weight (no pressure lol)
  • bottay
    bottay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm getting married on this day next year so I need to get focused on becoming a beautiful comfortable bride :)
  • karenh311
    karenh311 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm getting married oct 2015, I tried a couple of dresses on a while back and really didn't like what I saw. I am 100% committed to down sizing and toning up. I so don't want to look like crap on my big day and have hundreds of photo to remind me of it.
  • gajaa
    Options
    ... fingers crossed! :flowerforyou:
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you that are getting married. Take one day at a time and you can reach your goal.Remember to never give up and if you get off course just seek friends to help you get back.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    As someone who just got done having a bunch of alterations done... Just be aware.... If you go down more than one size, alterations are gonna be tough and it might alter the shape of the dress and how it lays.
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on your marriage!
    My birthday is on 25th August too! :)

Adding you!
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Im right there with you! Hopefully getting married summer 2016 and want to lose some weight before I even go shopping so I can get a better idea of what suits me (not "fat" me!)
    Feel free to add me!
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I got married this July and I managed to drop the weight I wanted for the wedding (see profile photo)!
    I would suggest putting off the dress fittings until about 1 month - 6 weeks before the wedding and once you go in, stop trying to loose weight - go to maintenance.
    The poor woman doing my dress had to take the waist in twice.

Also - it took me months to loose the weight but I was aiming for a slow drop - as this weight loss wasn't just for the wedding it is meant to be for life.
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am looking to get married in Autumn 2015 but I haven't dared to book anywhere or try on dresses yet because I am scared that I wont drop the weight in time and I know my mum will give me a very hard time if I don't

Additionally, with the dress, I lose preferentially on my hips and waist so my body shape will appear to change. I don't want to buy a dress that will look wrong on the shape that I will be in the end
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 19, 2015! Woot!

And I've already tried on dresses, have one picked out, but am waiting to order it so it will look good with the weight loss!

I have completed the first 5 weeks of p90x3 and have been loving it!!!!
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    First, I want to say Congratulations! I wish you all the luck.

As for losing weight, Myfitnesspal has great tools you can use to keep track of your calories. I would suggest eating cleaner like cutting out the junk food, drinking more water, adding more veggies/fruits into your diet, and mainly keeping track of what you eat by using the MyfitnessPal app. If you decide to get into a exercise routine, that will help too.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am getting married may of 2015.

I found an Australian couture gown for 74.00 (you read that right) that looks amazing on me...except ya know that fact that it won't zip. But I could not pass it up..so I have some serious motivation. It is a size 14. I hate the way dresses are sized. I easily fit into a size 14 pant from most places..even some 12s..my wedding dress is easily 2 sizes to small. But I have been smaller before So I know the cut is perfect for me...8 months. I am totally doing this!
  • xoAnnettexo
    Options
    Aw!! Congrats to all of you ladies getting married!! <3 Good luck!
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 2016 and I haven't been dress shopping. I would like to lose around 60 pounds before I go shopping next fall! Right now the thought of trying on dresses makes me excited and also cringe a little at the same time ;) Good luck to everyone, hopefully we can motivate and inspire one another.
  • MrsShirley425
    MrsShirley425 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am getting married in April 2015 and I already purchased my dress this past April (was told it'd take a few months, but it arrived within 2 weeks!) It is a size 16W from Davids Bridal. I probably should've gotten an 18W, but I want that motivation to lose weight to fit into it! I recently had my Mirena taken out, which caused a significant amount of weight gain and cystic acne all over my face, chest, and back. I was 185lb back in June 2013, and now I am 220lb. So now I am really struggling to lose the extra weight I gained. I am looking for any kind of support system, so please feel free to add me as well!!!

Yay for all the 2015 brides and future brides-to-be!!! Let's do this thing! :)