How much butter and cheese do you consume per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used to eat loads of cheese and butter but decided to cut out both, at least for regular consumption (not easy to do here in France because there is a huge choice of cheeses available).
    I suffer migraines so thought stopping the cheese might also help never mind the calories. Now on toast and bread I just have jam direct and don't miss the butter any more.
    Now I regard cheese as an occasional treat and reserve it for things like a a raclette evening with boiled potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, eggs, chillies, mushrooms, and lots of salad (and of course a good bottle of wine). That's a big calorie hit but how can you refuse melted raclette cheese on hot new potatoes?!
  • iamcherylb
    iamcherylb Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Now I regard cheese as an occasional treat and reserve it for things like a a raclette evening with boiled potatoes, bacon, mushrooms, eggs, chillies, mushrooms, and lots of salad (and of course a good bottle of wine). That's a big calorie hit but how can you refuse melted raclette cheese on hot new potatoes?!

Oh that just makes me hungry! :D I love cheese and eat it every day - at least 30 gr. And I switch it up between cheddar, mozzarella, havarti, cream cheese, cottage cheese, goat cheese. Feta and olives is so good too! I use butter, about a tbsp daily and 1 serving of high protein, high fat greek yogurt - Yum!
  • laurakane1108
    laurakane1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On the Keto diet, most likely she isn't eating bread :) We tend to "fat-bomb" regularly in order to get in enough fat for the day as that can actually be the biggest challenge on keto. You're doing great!
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Very little, to none.

I'd prefer a sweet vs. cheese and butter, so I can live without those calories etc.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    300 calories worth.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Neither every day...

Butter probably a tbsp per week. I use olive oil.

Cheese a few ounces a week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Butter maybe 5g once a week, cheese maybe 3-4 times a week, either a slice in my sandwiches, or crumbled/shredded in salads or omelets pretty much. Once or twice a month maybe I'll have just a piece of cheese with a couple crackers. But I don't buy the really good cheese anymore because one serving is just not enough (I used to eat like, 8 servings at a time or something).
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    yeah, this sounds like me lol
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've chosen to seriously curtail my butter and cheese.

On days I eat cheese, it tends to be just one ounce.

But then, I'm not working out the way the original poster is, either!