Lost 45 lbs

Options
I started this lifestyle change in March 2014. I'm happy to say I went from a size 16, at 201 to a size 9-10, now 156. I'm 5'7 so I'm in the healthy BMI range! But I would still like to lose about 20 more pounds. It has gotten harder and slower.

Replies

• mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 45 lbs lost! That's a great accomplishment. :flowerforyou:
    I've got 5-9 pounds more to lose and I have noticed it is getting harder and slower to lose the weight.
    But keep up the good work, it will come soon. :smile:
  • Tanyamw33
    Tanyamw33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Great job! I wish I was closer to my goal! :) I was trying to upload a picture but I'm not sure how.

It doesn't show I lost that much on here because when I first started my profile years ago I weighed less than I did when I started again in March. I'm not sure why it doesn't take that in consideration but oh well.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    There is a tutorial in the Success Stories (toward the top) that gives a good description on how-to.
    If you post it and it doesn't work, a moderator or anybody can fix the code for you. :smile:
  • stiddg
    Options
    That is great! Keep up the good work
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful :) Keep it up!!
  • Tanyamw33
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just posted the picture to my profile. Its me in the pants I wore before losing weight. Unfortunately I didn't take a before picture. I was way too embarrassed with the way I looked at the time.
  • rbailey614
    Options
    Congrats on the first 45 down... im sure you will succeed with the rest. Just trust the process!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done!
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! I am exactly where you started but shorter. I've been working hard and reading success stories like yours keeps me motivated! Thank you for sharing. Any pointers?
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats keep it up

29509743.png
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You're doing an amazing job. It does get harder when you're closer to that "goal", but don't forget to celebrate what you've accomplished. Make healthy choices and eventually you'll shed those last few pounds.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Half way to a healthy BMI myself.
  • Tanyamw33
    Options
    I've broken my leg twice and shattered my leg years ago so I have a plate and screws in my leg and screws in my ankle. As much as I wanted to be a healthy weight, I never thought it would be a possible. I set my mind to finally losing weight for a few different reasons - 1 being that I always complain about my weight but wasn't doing anything about it, 2 was because diabetes is very prevalent in my family, 3 is because I'm going to be 30 next year, 4 I just wanted to be healthy and feel good.

Things I think helped me were:
    -not drinking my calories
    -keeping track of everything I ate (EVERYTHING)
    -eating only things I NEED (so healthy things) Not empty calories like cookies, chips, french fries etc
    -not eating 3 hours before bedtime
    -ate very little bread and pasta
    -plan meals ahead

I also found the following rules from Bob Harper very helpful.

Bob Harper's 20 Skinny Rules:

RULE 1: Drink a Large Glass of Water before Every Meal – No Excuses!

RULE 2: Don’t Drink Your Calories

RULE 3: Eat Protein Every Meal – or Stay Hungry and Grouchy

RULE 4: Slash Your Intake of Refined Flours and Grains

RULE 5: Eat 30 to 50 Grams of Fiber a Day

RULE 6: Eat Apples and Berries Every Single Day – Every Single Day!

RULE 7: No Carbs after Lunch

RULE 8: Learn to Read Food Labels So You Know What You Are Eating

RULE 9: Step Guessing About Portion Size and Get It Right – for Good!

RULE 10: No More Added Sweeteners, Including Artificial Ones

RULES 11: Get Rid of Those White Potatoes

RULE 12: Make One Day a Week Meatless

RULE 13: Get Rid of Fast Foods and Fried Foods

RULE 14: Eat a Real Breakfast

RULE 15: Make Your Own Food and Eat at Least Ten Meals a Week at Home

RULE 16: Banish High-Salt Foods

RULE 17: Eat Your Vegetables – Just Do It!

RULE 18: Go to Bed Hungry

RULE 19: Sleep Right

RULE 20: Plan One Splurge Meal a Week

Good luck! Thanks everyone!

When you set your mind to it.. don't let anything stop you. Your in control of what you eat. It will be hard at times, but it will be so worth it!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!