How to connect Fitbit one with MFP?

Options
I got yesterday a Fitbit One. It has some strange all history and I don't see how many steps I do per day but an accumulated number of history - which is not even mine. I connected to Myfitnesspal.

I was wondering, what do you do about your Fitbit. Is this working like Runkeeper? I am trying to control better what I do daily and how I sleep... And for this Fitbit one helps. With MFP, I am completely lost how this works.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I got yesterday a Fitbit One. It has some strange all history and I don't see how many steps I do per day but an accumulated number of history - which is not even mine. I connected to Myfitnesspal.

I am not sure what the all history thing is, I would go to fitbit.com and make sure you set up your account correctly and got your tracker linked to there properly.
    I was wondering, what do you do about your Fitbit. Is this working like Runkeeper? I am trying to control better what I do daily and how I sleep... And for this Fitbit one helps. With MFP, I am completely lost how this works.

Fit bit tracks your activity througout the entire day, this would include your runs. Personally, I disconnected my runkeeper form MFP but still use it for training purposes on the side. Set your activity on MFP to sedentary and once your fitbit is synced for the day it will automatically update your daily exercise as a "fitbit adjustment". It will log the calories you burned on runs for you so I just don't track them. If you really want to log runs as runs then make sure when you enter the exercise in the database you put the correct start and end time, this ensures fitbit and MFP will reconize them as the same activity and not double count your calories.

Lastly, there is a fitbit group you can join. It is worth checking out, they have some great threads on syncing your account and common problems people have.
  • MariadfdCruz
    MariadfdCruz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot! It really helped. The "history" appeared when I was setting up my account in fitbit. It should be 0 steps and 0 calories and there was there more than 1000 sets. Though, it seems it doesn't affect my day.

I will check the Fitbit community. :) Thanks, again!