Nerds Unite! Round 2!

Options
The last thread was awesome, so figured we should get another one going for new nerds!

Same as last time, introduce yourself and tell us about your nerdy hobby's. Lets all unite for this quest to find a healthy lifestyle and get some epic loot!

Name: Frank Aka NerdFitQuest
Class: Warrior
Level: 4
Quest: Obtain max level, get epic loot, and get healthy while I do it.
Hobbies: Pen and Paper role playing, love me some DnD and Pathfinder. I am also huge into video games, you can add me on steam @balmungck. I am a Graphic Designer and also dabble in fine arts. Really love Anime my #1 is Great Teacher Onizuka. I enjoy watching shows such as Dr Who, Game of Thrones, and my new personal favorite Vikings <3 My favorite movie of all time is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I also am an avid weight loss blogger @ www.nerdfitquest.com

Feel free to add me and I hope we can help motivate each other!

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This reminds me to check and see if there are any keys for Borderlands 2. :embarassed: DH and I play it together on the weekend sometimes. :heart:

My oldest had decided she wants to be the "Are you my Mummy" kid from Doctor Who for Halloween.

We have an original Nintendo hooked up, and my youngest seems to be a natural at Mario Brothers. I made 2 of the mushrooms in 8-bit style from perler beads.

They both run around doing things like singing "Soft Kitty" and quoting Young Frankenstein (one of my all time favorite movies)

I type this as I have Ghostbusters playing on my TV (which is one of my youngest daughters favorite movies). :laugh:
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I type this as I have Ghostbusters playing on my TV (which is one of my youngest daughters favorite movies). :laugh:

I just saw that in theaters the other day, it was showing for the 30th anniversary. Was awesome to see it on the big screen....but it did make me crave marshmallows :laugh:
  • ScoobyM34
    Options
    I'm watching 1989 Batman while listening to Kevin Smith's commentary. And my profile pic is me with Wolverine claws!
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Name's Rachel, PhatOutOfHell, or RogueRachiru depending on the circle. IRL working on fitting into a certain pair of red skinny jeans and trying to save money. Otherwise I'm delving into every Bioware game I've got until November 18.

I'm actually rereading HP right now, watching each movie as I finish the book. All time favorite movie is Otis, with Fanboys a close runner up.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Alright my fellow nerds, Clone Wars is long over and Star Wars the Rebels. The series is scheduled to premiere in October 3, 2014 on Disney. What are your thoughts. Has anyone bin to Comic Con I want to go so bad, and not the German one...lol I live in Germany
  • Miss_Munster
    Miss_Munster Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Frank ma man!

Soo I've been out of the game a little since I moved to the US, but I do plan on getting back into it. I'm currently playing some indie games on steam, while I tap out on the usual, no one to play with/ can't find games I like anymore :P

Hit me up if you're in the Seattle area! I need a workout buddy!

p.s let me know if anyone has played The Void :)
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Whelp been on this site for i think going on 5-6 months give or take. Always been a huge nerd played pokemon all throughout my childhood (and still do sometime if im feeling a little nostalgic) followed by Zelda, Runescape, Oblivion, and WoW. So in light of that I've been overweight most if not all of my teen life since sitting at a computer and eating without thinking is unfortunately way too easy. However, I love this site and the challenge of trying to hit long term goals with one of them trying to break the overweight gamer stereotype. As of today I play League of legends pretty regularly and am constantly going back to the zelda and bethesda games to play through as well as being on Crunchyroll a lot. So thats kinda my mini-story feel free to add me if you like ^_^
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Anyone play Clash of Clans?
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    recently built a charging station for my previous phone (as i've just upgraded) so it can be my music centre.... not so nerdy to start with but.... the charging station is an arcade machine made of lego with a swing top roof to allow access to the phone and has 2 joysticks and buttons on the console to make it look authentic... it has pacman and ghosts on the top half and space invaders on the bottom all built into it... its a work of art....
  • chrisjcjh
    chrisjcjh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just saw this thread a few minutes ago while at work. I'm in the military and I've gained weight over time from becoming complacent and a lot of life stressors bringing me down (discovery of my wife cheating and the impending divorce coming) so I am really hoping to get back into it. I'm originally from Washington state (port angeles area for anyone who knows) and am stationed in Germany.

Right now my laptop is out... somehow I cracked the LCD but not the plastic covering...? Otherwise I am normally a PC gamer. WoW player (cantaloupe#1475), and have a bagillion games on Steam, but I don't remember my steam name or the email I use for it, haha, so I will post that once I have my laptop back. I want to get a PS4 and Xbox but that's not in the budget for a good while.

Good luck everyone :)
  • Miss_Munster
    Options
    ... by Zelda, Runescape, Oblivion, and WoW. So in light of that I've been overweight most if not all of my teen life since sitting at a computer and eating without thinking is unfortunately way too easy.

Omg oh runescape, how it got me though the early years ???? I feel ya on the eating crap while gaming, lol far to many lans, so much pizza and maccas runs at 3am ????.
  • Miss_Munster
    Options
    Anyone play LOL? I hate people in dota so dont even start ????
  • 8Nuya8
    Options
    I love playing Civilizations, age of empires, waiting for the next grimrock (looove it).
    Somehow ended up with a tiny human, and therefore my natural biorhythm got disturbed severely, since I now have to be awake during really odd hours and go to bed waaaay to early (still working on that one :laugh: ). So now my activity level needs to be the highest between 6am and 10pm, missing the days (rather nights^^) when it used to be different :P

Due to tiny-humans existance my ability to play on the computer has been inhibited (obviousely)^^

in real life i am an (almost) biophysicist, live in germany (dont want to stay here though). Oh yes, and since i have been born the earth has traveled around the sun 26 times ;)
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly (kerry) or derpina(what?)... I originally lost 90 lbs that I gained from having my mini me (gained about 8lbs back) and now I'm just trying to really lean out/ buffatize. I play mostly RTS games but I've been playing diablo lately on Xbox one...I also recently started playing league of legends and Smite. My main squeeze is starcraft and pokemon online TCG though. I'm a cosplayer, bodypainter, and nursing student from the wonderful barbecue land of texas. Add me dorks :)
  • jfboomer
    jfboomer Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    recently built a charging station for my previous phone (as i've just upgraded) so it can be my music centre.... not so nerdy to start with but.... the charging station is an arcade machine made of lego with a swing top roof to allow access to the phone and has 2 joysticks and buttons on the console to make it look authentic... it has pacman and ghosts on the top half and space invaders on the bottom all built into it... its a work of art....

Pics!
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One of my new goals is to lose enough weight to look good in a Super Mario Bothers dress when it come back into stock in a month :)

Other than that I read too much and work for the Space Program :) Oh yeah, and to Medevil combat in my spare time.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    Hey, introducing myself on nerd thread #2. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    hey all, my name is Amber, Im married and have 3 sons and we all enjoy DR.who, anything scifi. my kids love watching through the wormhole with us. They all love some comic book hero, of course my youngest is a huge batman fan like myself. I like playing board games like level 7 and other co op type games, never played D&D but would love to play sometime. feel free to add me. :smile:
  • GoHillGirl
    GoHillGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anyone play LOL? I hate people in dota so dont even start ????

LOL player here, Silver II and climbing, adc main :D
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Fangirl of epic proportion. Cosplayer. Crazy cat lady. Bike Commuter.

Things I fangirl about: Star Wars, Doctor Who, Stargate, Supernatural, Sherlock, Star Trek, BSG, Warehouse 13, Eureka, Welcome to Nightvale, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Wheel of Time, books in general, Downton Abbey, Hunger Games, LotR, etc etc etc.

Just ordered this shirt. 9 months ago I couldn't fit into a women's xxl. Now I'm in a medium.

2iw2f41.jpg

Always happy to have more friends - just make sure you write a note with any friends question.