Favourite protein powder?

Options
I'm in Canada. I need to increase my protein intake. What's your favourite protein powder to add to smoothies? I prefer vanilla flavour.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    A lot of people will say Optimum Nutrition.... but, I say AVOID that brand. It's VERY watery when mixed alone.

Where as a company like Cellucor or Myofusion, who makes Vanilla flavored whey, is a more thick, shake like constituency.

So... I vote for Myofusion or Cellucor. And avoid the cheap Wal-Mart crap.... it's LOADED with cheap fillers.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I order from truenutrition.com. I get plain whey, unflavored NO FILLERS, but they do have flavor and sweetener options if you're interested. You can also custom mix your powder if you want things like casein, egg, soy, etc.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I buy the Dymatize Elite from GNC. They have both chocolate and vanilla and both are good with just water or mixed in smoothies with yogurt, spinach, fruit, oats, etc.
  • mel_issa1717
    mel_issa1717 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kaizens's Natural Whey in Chocolate. Gluten free! yay!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Isopure is my favorite by far, but it is a little pricey. Unless it's on sale I get ON most of the time, it's good for the price IMO. Some of the flavors are pretty out there, I recommend the basic ones.
  • optimaltouch
    optimaltouch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tera's Whey Bourbon Vanilla. Organic, taste great, blends easily, sweetened with stevia only.
  • robert5891
    Options
    My favorite is Muscle Pharm's Combat protein powder. It comes in a bunch of different flavors and they all taste great! It's a blend of several different types of proteins and mixes nice and thick. The flavors I'd recommend are Milk Chocolate, Cookies and Cream, and Chocolate PB.

I've also had Chocolate Shakeology from Beachbody and it is a really, rich dark chocolate tasting powder.

Any of these would work well!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    A lot of people will say Optimum Nutrition.... but, I say AVOID that brand. It's VERY watery when mixed alone.

Where as a company like Cellucor or Myofusion, who makes Vanilla flavored whey, is a more thick, shake like constituency.

So... I vote for Myofusion or Cellucor. And avoid the cheap Wal-Mart crap.... it's LOADED with cheap fillers.

I've been using ON Gold Whey Standard for years now, and have had no issues with it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I currently have a small amount of progressive harmonized protein powder left in vanilla, and while I find the taste ok, it's horribly expensive. I think I'm going to try the muscle pharm. I found it on the same website I buy the progressive and it's about half the price. Worth a try!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I prefer flavorless protein powders. I like Eidopro Protein Powder (amazon) and Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein Powder (amazon). At the moment, I'm using 15g of each powder in my smoothies.
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I currently use Puredge from GNC. It's sweetened with stevia, I think it tastes pretty good. Mine is natural chocolate flavor, not sure if there's a vanilla one or not!
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love Syntha-6! There are a lot of different flavors, the one I'm currently using is chocolate milkshake! They have vanilla I'm sure!
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I take GNC lean shake 25. Although it is considered a meal replacement as opposed to a protein powder but does have 25 grams of protein. I take a meal replacement shake instead of a protein shake because I am trying to slim down and not bulk up.m I also get protein in other forms through my diet.

Can't go wrong with lean shake 25 chocolate with skim milk. They do have a vanilla flavor but never tried it.