"More Than 30-Days" Shred.

Amcantar
Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, so I have been working out to Jillian Micheals "30-Day shred" to much love and success. I DIG this workout, and by its popularity on this board I can tell a lot of other ladies (and probably some guys) love it as well!

So, i was wondering how other people incorporated it into their usual workouts once the 30 day initial period is up. I would love to keep using this workout, so I'd love to hear how other people use it and see how I can keep it part of my routine :)

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• typeaimages
    typeaimages Posts: 29 Member
    I'm taking it beyond 30 days. I've been alternating the "Shred" with the Last Chance Workout.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Hello! I'm coming up to my last 6 days of the initial 30 (I started on January 1st and, along with a group of fellow MFPers, have been keeping track of progress and such here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/158826-shreddin-eleven-week-four). My plan after the 30th is to continue to do the Shred 3 or 4 times a week, alternating levels each time (basically each level at least once a week), while reincorporating more running and other cardio activities into my workout schedule as well. I've really noticed a huge difference in my body, strength, endurance and abilities since starting the Shred, and I love how short the workouts are, too, so there's no way I'm going to just stop after the first 30 days! Best wishes! :)
  • I'm on day 10 of the shred (I've taken 3 rest days since I started, plus two days where I did just cardio instead) and when I'm done I plan to keep doing it, but I want to add more minutes to my workouts as well...So I'll probably do it every other day (3 days a week) and then do 3 days of longer cardio workouts on my days off.

That's me talking now, when I haven't moved up to level two yet though...We'll see how I feel tomorrow after I do level 2 for the first time, I'm scared!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    I didn't do this as a 30 day program. The 30 day shred is just one more option in my at home rotation.

Charmagne
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    I've been doing it for over a year now. I have several other workouts that I do as well so I just throw this one in every now and then. I still love it. If it gets too easy I just up the weights. I now use 8, 10 and 15 lb weights depending on which one I'm doing.
  • Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Thanks for some of the responses guys! I guess, I'll have to find another couple of workouts I love as well, and mix them up together. But hopefully once spring comes I can add in bike-riding and some outdoor cardio.
    I've been doing it for over a year now. I have several other workouts that I do as well so I just throw this one in every now and then. I still love it. If it gets too easy I just up the weights. I now use 8, 10 and 15 lb weights depending on which one I'm doing.

This is a great idea, thanks, I never really thought about when I should use heavier weights. I only use a 3lb-er right now xD
This discussion has been closed.