What is on your menu for the coming week?

I always make my week's dinner menu plan on Fridays before I do my shopping list but I am at a blank today for what sounds good. List out your new recipes you like or have tried recently or post pics/links. My hubby and I eat light in the day for breakfast and lunches/snacks so that we can eat normal for dinners. So low cal is okay, no taste is not. My hubby wont let me "diet" him at dinnertime. Truly I like my dinners too. Thanks for anyone who responds. I love new ideas. We always do burgers or tacos, tired stuffed peppers, healthier lasagna... not sure what sounds good for this week. I need six dinners. (Saturday through Thursday) the hubby is on his own for tonight cuz I am working.

Replies

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    We like you eat light during the day but 'normal' healthy at night, expect Friday nights which is fish and chips.

Here is what we have had over the past week or so.

Red Thai Prawn curry - homemade with low fat coconut milk and brown basmatic rice
    Paella
    Beouf Bourginon with cauliflower rice
    Beef and Red Wine Pie, just crust and load of carrots and broccoli
    Prawn and broad bean risotto
    Oven roasted duck breast with Cabbage and Bacon, beetroot and red wine jus
    We also tend to have sausages and mash once a week, but just a small amount of mash and loads of veg
    Chicken and Butternut Squash Bake
    Salad Nicose
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Hey! Great topic idea. I have been practicing a once-a-week-cooking meaning I make most of my meals on the weekend for the whole week. This week I had:

Breakfasts:
    1 pack gluten freeda oatmeal (180 cals) with 1/4 cup of fruit (different fruit each day) = 200 cals
    1 pc of udis gluten free white bread w 1 T peanut butter = 160 cals
    Fruit Bowl - 1 banana, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup strawbs, 1 T pumpkin seeds, 1 Tbps slivered almonds, 1/2 cup almond milk = 240 cals

Lunches:
    1/2 cup of mixed stir fried veggies (about 80 cals), with 1/2 cup cooked rice (103 cals) = 183 cals
    2 pc udis gluten free bread w 3 oz pulled pork = 340 cals

Dinners:
    4 oz pulled pork on lettuce leaves = 330 cals
    5 oz chicken breast w 1/2 sweet potato and 1 Tbsp butter =310 cals
    omelette w 5 whites 1 whole egg filled with 1/4 cup salsa = 164 cals plus a side salad

I also have a snack after lunch and another in the evening after dinner. This could be fruit, celery and PB, yogurt, popcorn or something higher cal :p
    I look forward to seeing what everyone else is having!
  • optimaltouch
    optimaltouch Posts: 31 Member
    Fresh haddock topped with a few butter cracker crumbs, tomato slices, parsley, lemon, feta cheese baked and a side of asparagus and sweet potato.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    I'll give you some of the dinners I have planned for the next few weeks.

Pasta with meatballs and pesto
    Garlic honey salmon, rice, and roasted asparagus
    Steak, half a baked potato, and roasted squash
    Eggs, Hashbrowns, and fruit'
    Roasted chicken with vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, and brussels sprouts)
    Hamburgers with corn on the cob
    Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans
    Tuna noodle casserole
    Beef stew and homemade bread
    Chicken cheesesteaks
    Bison steak, half a baked potato, and roasted squash
    Pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions
    Crock Pot Creamy Italian Chicken, steamed broccoli, and rolls
    Chow Mein with vegetables and chicken (maybe some pot stickers as well)
    Slow cooker honey parmesan pork roast and a sweet potato
    Creamy garlic prawns, broccoli, and rice
    Fried rice with vegetables and chicken or shrimp
    Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
    Steak salad with avocado dressing

I do my meals monthly and just did Octobers. There are a few more items on my meal lists but only entrees so far, not full meals so I left those off.

As you can see, I eat a lot of different things and I plan my day around my dinners. I also make a lot of larger meals even though it is just me so I have lots of leftovers for lunches and dinners the following nights.Like the beef stew will last me a couple of days. Thus I keep my grocery budget lower and I don't have to cook every single night (but also don't resort to ordering in).
  • scthomas100
    scthomas100 Posts: 31 Member
    I've planned lunches and dinners through Monday:

Turkey burgers with grilled summer vegetables
    Pulled pork sandwiches with brussel spout and apple coleslaw and baked sweet potatoes (tailgating meal)
    Chicken thighs with kale caesar salad
    Proscuitto-wrapped peaches with kale
    Slow cooker steak with spinach and panchetta salad
    Leek and chard frittata for breakfasts next week
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    okay I got the meal plan done and made the shopping list. This week will include: steak tacos, breaded/baked chicken with au gratin taters, tortellini chicken n broccoli alfredo, philly chz stk crustinis with tater tots, sesame chicken and stir fry vegies (no rice), and last but not least Ranch Burgers and seasoned potatoe wedges. I am a day late but I do my meals from Saturday to Thursdays so its all good. Best thing is I already have most of the ingredients so the list is not too long this week so I am saving money. Yay

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have them written down.

Edit: it is wonderful to see all the people who eat normal. I love getting new ideas and trying new recipes. You never have to skimp on taste when you are cutting calories from your diet. :drinker: