Increase food?

I have bern in a depression and eated to littlr food. On about 1-1500kcal a day. When my myfitnesspal says i need 2700kcal a day. Will increasiin my food consumption make me gain musclemass and lose fat? Increasing by + 500 kcal the days i workout. And maintenance the days i dont?

45% carbs. 30% protein. 25% fat

Replies

• scykellmann
    scykellmann Posts: 4 Member
    Hey, I'm not a master at this but I do know that just food alone won't give you muscle mass. You definitely need both food and to work out for muscle mass. Also, the type of food you eat has a roll in the results that you are looking to achieve. As to the depression you are in, I went through a depression that lasted me 4 years, and that is because I didn't get help. There are plenty of medications nowadays that can help with depressions. I would recommend for you to go to your doctor to see if they can prescribe you something to help you with it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Of course you are depressed. You need to eat more food. Lots of exercise might pull you out of the depression. Work out six days a week hard.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    You need to eat more AND exercise to have any effect on your muscles :flowerforyou:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Food + (progressive) strength training will get you where you want to be. I'd have the surplus everyday also.