Old friends: hard to say goodbye to

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I am going through my closet and the boxes of too small clothes I have stashed. I have a few things that I am almost shrunk out of and they are going to be really hard to say goodbye to. Most are blouses that have been really perfect. I have six in a couple of similar styles that are very comfortable, dressy enough for casual evening out or work, but not too dressy for every day. They are also styles that look good at a wide range of weight so they have gotten me through my first almost 60 lb. without getting too tight at the highest, but now are just beginning to look too loose.

I checked and the seller no longer carries anything similar :sad:

Anybody else have favorites that they had to say goodbye to or expect the parting to be hard?

ps: I found some old favorites that I am looking forward to getting into so there is a little trade-off. Good thing my style has always been classic rather than trendy.
pps: I found a pair of jeans I can get into now if I suck in the gut. Perfect as we are heading into long pants season again.

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem saying goodbye to anything in my spring/summer wardrobe, so those things are bagged up ready to head to Salvation Army.

However, I love fall/winter clothes. I haven't pulled anything out yet, but there were two dresses in my work wardrobe that fit me well and were really cute last year. I know they are going to be too big on me. Hopefully not ridiculously big and I can still wear them a for a little while. I really don't want to get rid of them unless I can find new ones with a similar cut/feel to them.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem saying goodbye to anything in my spring/summer wardrobe, so those things are bagged up ready to head to Salvation Army.

However, I love fall/winter clothes. I haven't pulled anything out yet, but there were two dresses in my work wardrobe that fit me well and were really cute last year. I know they are going to be too big on me. Hopefully not ridiculously big and I can still wear them a for a little while. I really don't want to get rid of them unless I can find new ones with a similar cut/feel to them.

have mounds of uniforms ( nursing) that are way to big for me. there are a size 2x
    . now i fit into a l or xl. i plan on boxing them up as i try them on . if they don't fit i have a empty box that i toss them in that i plan of stashing away. still finding it hard to give them away for i seem to think it will junx my weight loss !! i'll wait till i feel comfortable about giving..........
  • BRobertson23
    BRobertson23 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I know my hardest battle is coming, as I have some items that I bought during last fall/winter that I might have wore once, but otherwise have not worn much and can hardly believe that I might have to discard this relatively "new" clothing.

I'm slowly whittling myself away from some jeans...I LOVE jeans! The two pair that I have enjoyed wearing (size 16's) the most are at the point of falling off, and I am not a big fan of wearing a belt....now the couple size 14's I have are also getting loose. I'm debating if I should start trying on some 12's and see where I stand in those.

Losing weight is great, but I feel your "pain" in the transition of clothing...that part kind of sucks.:grumble:
  • attybell
    attybell Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have always held onto clothing so I had sizes 10-22 in my closet but not this time, I am now giving them away as I try them on and they are too big, because this time I refuse to go back up..
    let me tell ya tho some of them have been hard to let go of
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am sad to see this dress go. I got it this past spring after I had lost 30-35 pounds and I got compliments every time I wore it. Since it has been summer I haven't worn it in awhile but tried it on last weekend. It was too big so I was happy but sad because I really liked it. I'm watching ebay for the next size down.

$_57.JPG
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    that dress is adorable.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say no, I'm not going to miss any of my current clothes when they are too loose. Good excuse to buy new ones yay!!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I used to. It is more fun making room in your closet for new, more updated stuff!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm more excited to fit into my old clothes again, lol, I have so many cute clothes that I want to get back into. Especially my jeans, sweaters and hoodies... oh gosh and my black peacoat... It's hard to find cute clothes in bigger sizes so I'm happy to see some of them going. :) I'm not quite back to my "old" size but I'm half way between my biggest and lightest sizes.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If only I had the storage space to have this problem, lol.

My hub and I share one standard size closet (I'm talking the standard in 1926) 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep. We each have one large dresser too.
    My rule for many years has been : one new thing in, one old thing out.

Seasonal clothes go into the basement in plastic boxes.

However, I do utilize the space under the bed and promptly forget what's under there. ;) About a month ago I found a Kohl's bag with two denim skirts- one white and one blue. Got them on a super-duper deal last fall thinking how nice they'd be for this summer.
    Dang things are much too large! I found a slim belt to cinch the waist and I can wear them with a long shirt.

I did hang onto two old pair of Levi jeans that I outgrew several years ago. I'm glad I remembered those since I can now fit into them.

So, I'll say 'good-bye' to my too big clothing and wish them well on their trip to the Goodwill or Salvation Army.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My feet shrunk 1/2 a size and I had to get rid of all my favorite shoes. It was sad.:sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!