What are the best sneakers to workout in?

Options
So I just started to workout for the first time and I noticed my sneakers are terrible! I don't want to injury myself more but I don't want to hold off working out just to find new sneakers. So my big question is what are the best sneakers? I am on a budget and really do not want to go for broke on some sneakers. I also have some ankle issues and my back is a little twisted as well so that plays a big part in the sneakers I invest in.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated because my big ol' feet need support and comfort so that my big ol' body can be healthy!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You really need to say what kind of workouts you are talking about before a suggestion can be made.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    ones that are comfortable. It really does depend on what type of working out you are going to do.

29509743.png
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It depends on your workouts and your body. The shoes I find most comfortable may wreck your feet/body.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    What kind of arch you have should also play a factor in what kind of shoes would be best for you. If you have a mom & pop type of running store in your area you can always go there and get recommendations for your foot type.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    For heavy lifting I'm a big fan of Asics Lift Trainers, I bought these a few weeks ago and love them.

HeavyLiftingshoes_zps4b0acbd4.jpg

I agree with what someone else said, you need to state your goals first before a proper recommendation can be made. The shoe I mention above is not a running shoe, I only use them for lifting for stability and support during my lifts.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing Nike Shox 2.45 for years!
    I mostly do Cardio Workouts and Run on the Treadmill and they've been really comfy.
    I've got these ones http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK705/womens-nike-shox-245/
  • CarisaEli
    CarisaEli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So as of now I am doing things on the treadmill, elliptical, stair stepper, and possible going to try out a class. I also go for walks with my dog (that sometimes turn into a run when she feels like dragging my down the block).

Sorry I forgot to mention that before.