desert and low calorie snack options

Options
I have been eating allot of vegan cheese tofu/ type products to cut the calories. What are some snack type items that keep you from having too much?

Particularly desert type items brownie/cookie options?

Replies

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for vegan desert options...?
  • ChristenSchwiegerath
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

29509743.png
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm a baker and I'm not in for substitutions at all. So what I do is making teeny tiny batches of things. 6 cookies. 2 cupcakes. That sort of thing. That way I can have a taste and share with a friend or my husband but I don't end up with tons of baked goods sitting around. This site has a lot of mini recipes:

http://www.dessertfortwo.com/

Or alternately I use the recipe builder, enter my favorite recipes in grams (it's easier to divide that way), and then only make 1/2 or 1/4 of the recipe.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It's not vegan, but brownie brittle is amazing!!! I get the stuff at Costco; Sheila G's Chocolate chip Brownie Brittle. It is 120 calories per serving but satisfies with awesome chocolate flavor and crunch. It's the best lower calorie version of a brownie that I've seen/had.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    desert-island.jpg
    mannytrembley_dessertdesert_concept.jpg

Vitatops are not vegan, but they are my go-to daily 100-calorie dessert option.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP are you vegan? I don't think the desserts I posted are-- I thought you were just saying you ate vegan "cheese" because it's less calories.
  • amykhughes
    amykhughes Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! Awesome!!!
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Chocolate graham crackers are a good snack to curb a chocolate and cookie craving without the high calories.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever dessert I want and make it fit into my calories/macros ahead of time if need be. Meaning I can have a 600 cal item if I want, I just need to plan ahead and make most of my day nutrient-dense high-volume food to help with any hunger.
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello....chai tea latte made at home with soy milk....protein bars
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Sand is probably low calorie... because.. you know... desert options...

:tongue:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    In for the links.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    It's not vegan, but brownie brittle is amazing!!! I get the stuff at Costco; Sheila G's Chocolate chip Brownie Brittle. It is 120 calories per serving but satisfies with awesome chocolate flavor and crunch. It's the best lower calorie version of a brownie that I've seen/had.

Oh yeah...it is good! I see it everywhere now -- but I first picked up a package at a flea market in Branson, MO - LOL, my husband was like "what the...? Did you check the expiration date on that!?" but within about 2 minutes he was helping devour it ;-)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I find myself having the same 3 snacks (Dannon Greek Yogurt, GNC Lean Shake, NuGo Lean protein bar) between meals, which isn't a bad thing since they are low calorie and taste good.
  • VioletSauce
    VioletSauce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I forgot about vitatops! love those
  • VioletSauce
    VioletSauce Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Smaller deserts sound like the way to go peanut brittle sounds delicious. I do want to try and compare vegan deserts as well :)
  • zharalee
    Options
    you could try Apple Confit mmm yummi yummi and no calories
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Vitatops are very good, I suggest you subscribe to Hungrygirl.com's e-mails...she has a TON of recipes for low fat desserts!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    i eat a lot of home made popcorn.

easy peasy.