staying under the goal ?

Options
staying under a calorie goal is kinda hard for me becuase im used to eating certain amount.i do good for a few dayz then the next day i over eat any tips?

Replies

• marrieandfive
    Options
    I read that we aren't supposed to stay under our goal, that we're supposed to try to meet it? Eating back the calories that we burn and all that?

I don't have tips because I just came off of a weekend of emotional gorging myself, but I'm going to do my best to keep tracking, either way, hoping that the friends I make on here will keep me accountable and interested.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. It gets easier as your stomach contracts to the size it should be.
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have found that eating on as regular a schedule as possible helps along with making better food choices instead of concentrating so much on the quantity. Along the way I stumbled upon some foods that helped to keep me full longer and implemented more of them and less of the junk. Now I am doing better on my goals without feeling like I suffered for it.
  • amycrims
    Options
    i think if you work on exercising more, you'll have more calories to eat. Also try filling yourself up on veggies and water. In my first week or 2 I felt like I was starving and I had hurt my back so I couldn't do much exercise. I ate green beans by the can-full to keep my hunger under control. though its true, the less you eat, your stomach will shrink and you will get used to it.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Planning and snacks! I usually have 2- but break out as many at you need - just keep them below 1/4 of your daily calorie goal. (leaving 3/4 for your meals) Greek yogurt ( i like chobani, its nice and thick) takes some getting used to, but is SO filling.

Protien for breakfast- it keeps you fuller longer
  • amycrims
    Options
    oh and diet soda! i know its not the best for you and i never used to drink it- but it makes me feel full, so its my little trick and a treat :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Eat what you are assigned - if you are allowed 1200 then eat the 1200 because eating under, as you can see, ultimately backfires. Your body is going to want those calories so eat them now when you can plan appropriate eats, instead of binging later.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Sometimes I go for a decaf grande non fat latte with no sugar or anything...it gets my calcium up and it's filling. I also try to put a high fibre cereal on top of my regular cereal to fill me up.
    I'm sorry, but water doesn't do it for me like health nuts say it will.....!!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I read that we aren't supposed to stay under our goal, that we're supposed to try to meet it? Eating back the calories that we burn and all that?

I don't have tips because I just came off of a weekend of emotional gorging myself, but I'm going to do my best to keep tracking, either way, hoping that the friends I make on here will keep me accountable and interested.

Oh but she is right, you should be as close to your goal as possible. Despite the angry red numbers, 15 cals over is better than 50 under, generally speaking.
  • pieconspiracy
    Options
    I find the easiest way is to eat foods that make me feel fuller. I tried eating a bowl of Special K for breakfast, but I found I was hungry before lunch. When I started eating a different cereal that had almonds and some oats in it I was full till lunch, and the calories aren't much different. (110 for a serving)
    I find snacking on dry rice krispies takes away my munchies without being too many calories, and peanut butter keeps me full for a good time, so a slice of brown bread and 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter tides me over much longer than a yogurt. :)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I agree with the ones that say use exercise .... if your still hungry and don't have calories left, do some form of exercise and you can get that back. Walking at a leisure pace for 30 minutes could get you back 150-200 calories...

Also eating more filling foods will help too... replacing refined carbs with more complex carbs that will keep you body fuller longer will help.... Snacking on nuts and drinking lots of water will help you stay full and curb any hunger cravings you have.