Nerds Unite! Round 2!

Options

Replies

• homosirenia
    homosirenia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sabrina. I watch a lot of anime and I also cosplay. Currently I'm going to school to learn Japanese so that I can eventually study abroad in Japan.

My main motivation to lose weight is to look good while cosplaying and wearing lolita.

Please feel free to add me! I could use more friends on this site :)
  • CanaryNoire
    CanaryNoire Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello My Nerdy Friends.

Lets see...

Big Star Wars fan
    Love Comics
    Play lots of video games
    Love sci-fi tv shows
    Have a couple comic inspired tattoos
    Cosplay at cons mainly in the comic realm

Feel free to add me to your nerdy little world
  • mr0530
    mr0530 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone..

I'm Mandee.. I'm a xbox/pc gamer.. Still trying to develop some "skill" - but having fun along the way!
    Currently playing Magic 2015 and very slowly working on Unturned.
  • tashabarker1
    tashabarker1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Tasha and I've just signed up to myfitnesspal, I need to lose just over 100lbs and am a total nerd, oh and am 25 :P

I've recently finished a Masters Degree in Physics (little bit nerdy) and over my 4 year course have put on just under 9st, I'm determined to get back to where I was before starting Uni.

Oh yeah, I LOVE anything Sci-Fi, Stargate is my absolute favourite, I also love Dr Who, Star Trek, Farscape, Game of Thrones, (TOO MUCH TV!!!) Star Wars, X-Men. I'm a major fan of the Final Fantasy games, and always enjoy a good bit of retro pokemon. And Theme Hospital.

There's a whole lot more but the list could go on forever :P

So yeah, hiiii! Feel free to add me... could do with some friends to keep me accountable :D
  • Cindure
    Cindure Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Cindure. I'm looking to lose around 100 pounds also. I'm a wee bit of a nerd.. :)

Gamer, Sci-Fi, Starwars, LOTR, Hobbit, comic books, super heros, GOT, ComicCon, WOW, Xbox One, you name it and I probably adore it. (this includes books too) Knitting and cooking also.

In my past I was a LARPer also. Ren faires.. oh how fun..

add me up, i can use all the friends I can get :)
  • Miss_Munster
    Miss_Munster Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone play LOL? I hate people in dota so dont even start ????

LOL player here, Silver II and climbing, adc main :D

woo! im so annoyed, i moved from AUS and i moved my account from the north american server to the oceanic server.....and now im in the US -.- so i have to make a new account, cbf transferring it again :p
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Name: Rachel
    Video Games: Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, Pikmin, Pokemon, Professor Layton, Chronotrigger

PC games: LOL (fallen out of practice as the no pause button doesn't fit with being a mom easily!), Don't Starve, Dungeons of Dredmor, Swords and Soldiers, Delve Deeper, Big Fish Games (Hidden Object Games)

Board Games: Smallworld, Arkham Asylum, Dungeon Petz, King of Tokyo, Catan (in all it's forms)

Anime: Kill La Kill, World God Only Knows, Fairy Tail, Princess Jellyfish, Ouran High School Host Club, Rurouni Kenshin

Shows: SHERLOCK :) Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Steven Universe, Bee & Puppycat

Cosplay: Team Rocket Grunt(Pokemon), Lucy (Fairy Tail), Raphael(TMNT), Perry the Platypus(Phineas & Ferb)

Books: Most of the classics (I was an English teacher ;)), anything by Amy Tan, YA novels, really anything!

Trying to get into shape so I can someday cosplay Samus(with armor suit, not bold enough for Zero Suit ) and other such heroines :)
  • rgbmore
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Cindure. I'm looking to lose around 100 pounds also. I'm a wee bit of a nerd.. :)

Gamer, Sci-Fi, Starwars, LOTR, Hobbit, comic books, super heros, GOT, ComicCon, WOW, Xbox One, you name it and I probably adore it. (this includes books too) Knitting and cooking also.

In my past I was a LARPer also. Ren faires.. oh how fun..

add me up, i can use all the friends I can get :)
    Ooooo knitting? I'm a crochet-er! I love it, but knitting seems so much more complicated. :) Yay for crafty nerds!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi all feel free to add if you like..fan of fantasy and sci fi. started off in AD&D many years ago and loved it...

Lets see currently reading the Thomas Covenent Chronicls book 2 and a wizard of earthsea (both rereads from my teen years)

on my kindle..playing Magic 2015 DOTP...right now just playing with other people ideas on decks.

On PS3..Diablo III (again) and waiting for Destiny to hit next week! huge fan of the bioshock games, crysis, the last of us...anything that has a good back story!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't want to brag or anything, but last Sunday I spent it nerding it up with the entire cast of Star Trek Next Generation....including Captain Picard! They were doing a panel and I got lucky enough to participate! It's a way of me and my marine boyfriend are bonding; we watch Star Trek episodes together over the phone while he's away.

I also have star wars sheets. Yes, I'm a 29 year old woman who has Star Wars sheets. Be jealous.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    HI all, I'm nerdy on the more science-side of things. Marine biologist by training, I do that and also am heavily involved in citizen science - involving the public in helping with real scientific research. All about apps for doing science, crowd sourcing, eco-drones, bioblitzes, etc. Total mad scientist style. :drinker:

Also a total nature nerd - and am very interested in the intersection of nature and technology. I'm all about hiking, kayaking, and LOVE geocaching. But while I'm out doing those things I'm also taking photos of organisms with my smart phone to crowd-source IDs so I can learn my species, and helping folks ID the things they see as well. I can geek out on nudibranchs, seaweed, and birds all day. Slowly learning my plants and fungus.

Beyond that, I have a deep love for (and fear of!) zombies. I did the Zombies, Run! C25k training, and now I'm on to the regular app - just about to finish season 1. This weekend I'm riding the Zombie Train (http://zombietrain.com/) which I'm really excited about! And I of course love the Walking Dead, most zombie movies, and have read many of the good zombie books out there.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    HI all, I'm nerdy on the more science-side of things. Marine biologist by training, I do that and also am heavily involved in citizen science - involving the public in helping with real scientific research. All about apps for doing science, crowd sourcing, eco-drones, bioblitzes, etc. Total mad scientist style. :drinker:

Also a total nature nerd - and am very interested in the intersection of nature and technology. I'm all about hiking, kayaking, and LOVE geocaching. But while I'm out doing those things I'm also taking photos of organisms with my smart phone to crowd-source IDs so I can learn my species, and helping folks ID the things they see as well. I can geek out on nudibranchs, seaweed, and birds all day. Slowly learning my plants and fungus.

Beyond that, I have a deep love for (and fear of!) zombies. I did the Zombies, Run! C25k training, and now I'm on to the regular app - just about to finish season 1. This weekend I'm riding the Zombie Train (http://zombietrain.com/) which I'm really excited about! And I of course love the Walking Dead, most zombie movies, and have read many of the good zombie books out there.

citizen science...sounds interesting

i remeber years ago using my PC to do the SETi thing...where you downloaded packets of data and let the comp crunch the data and send it back...sadly no Aliens were ever found on my HP!

also zombie books....just finished reading book 1 of The Remaining.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow nerds! Nice to be in good company. I lost about 50 lbs 2.5 years ago and gained it all plus some more back over the past year and a half. So back to get it off again.

As for my nerdy ways, I am a PS4 and PS3 player (Alice: Madness Returns on PS3 is my all time favorite game). I used to be an avid FFXI player. I went to the Boston Comic Con last month, my first one and it was AWESOME!! One of the motivations for losing weight is so I can cosplay Alice (from above said game) next year. I also read way too much (mostly Fantasy and Horror but everything else too) and do tons of crafts as time permits. I work full time but go to college part time for a degree in Creative Writing. I also quote movies such as Spaceballs, Airplane and Labyrinth obsessively and Labyrinth is my favorite movie of all time. I watch it at least 5 times a year. I'm 38 and a giant child.

Please feel free to add me.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options

citizen science...sounds interesting

i remeber years ago using my PC to do the SETi thing...where you downloaded packets of data and let the comp crunch the data and send it back...sadly no Aliens were ever found on my HP!

also zombie books....just finished reading book 1 of The Remaining.

Oh yeah, SETI@home is still going strong! Nice way to use your computer's power when you're not using it. But now there are even cooler (imo) computer-based citizen science projects, like everything that Zooniverse does. And the scientific results that have been produced through this type of crowd sourcing are AMAZING! :love:
  • rgbmore
    Options
    Hi fellow nerds! Nice to be in good company. I lost about 50 lbs 2.5 years ago and gained it all plus some more back over the past year and a half. So back to get it off again.

As for my nerdy ways, I am a PS4 and PS3 player (Alice: Madness Returns on PS3 is my all time favorite game). I used to be an avid FFXI player. I went to the Boston Comic Con last month, my first one and it was AWESOME!! One of the motivations for losing weight is so I can cosplay Alice (from above said game) next year. I also read way too much (mostly Fantasy and Horror but everything else too) and do tons of crafts as time permits. I work full time but go to college part time for a degree in Creative Writing. I also quote movies such as Spaceballs, Airplane and Labyrinth obsessively and Labyrinth is my favorite movie of all time. I watch it at least 5 times a year. I'm 38 and a giant child.

Please feel free to add me.
    Ha, Labyrinth! Oh in 9th grade I watched the movie an unhealthy amount--loved David Bowie. Nowdays I still get overwhelming nostalgia when I listen to that soundtrack. Ah, they don't make nerdy cult movies like they used to. ;)
    Although, I now that I have a baby, I don't find Jareth attractive anymore. Baby stealers= nope! (Baby stealers in tight pants with magic kingdoms? NOPE)
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a nerd too! I play WoW, love sci-fl books. Read all currently published Song of Ice and Fire books, can't wait for Winds of Winter to be published though I'll probably be in my 40's by then... Also love HP discussions, love Star Wars, Supernatural, Buffy and several more.

I have Civ on my computer but I've been playing a lot more WoW (and working out more) recently so I haven't played in a few months

Has anyone read the King Killer Chronicles? Love that series too! I also have an issue where if I read 2 books in a series, I must read the all of them which has gotten me stuck on some terrible books like the Sookie Stackhouse series... I'm getting to the last book but the second to last one was so bad that I'm dreading this one...

Feel free to add me :)
  • zenobia8
    Options
    Hello!
    Name: Zen
    Class; Warrior or Bard. no in between.
    Nerd Cred: Doctor Who, Torchwood, Firefly, Buffy, D&D (old school- yeah, we're talking paper here, folks), Sherlock, books (hella books- i'm actually reading a series form the 80s where these college kids actually end up in the D&D game...and it's not terrible!), Angel, BSG, Caprica, STNG (i want to have Picard's babies), Samurai Saturday, DINOSAURS, Inuyasha,... Hubs (i married the biggest nerd ever). THe Dark Crystal is my most favorite movie of all time, i still have plastic dinosaurs, i do art stuff, i write (not SF, but hubs does), and can geek it out with Shakespeare. Kurt Vonnegut is my favorite author (next to Kerouac), I don't really play video games, but i'll roll out a character and make you jewelery out of D&D die (yeah, 20-sider necklace? i made it...).
  • CanaryNoire
    CanaryNoire Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I also have star wars sheets. Yes, I'm a 29 year old woman who has Star Wars sheets. Be jealous.
    Nah I got an imperial tattoo and a vader one I'm working on.

got the real fx lightsabers as well =) and abundance of other crap haha.

You are my hero.
  • Shishek
    Shishek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Damn there are some motivated people here; these posts are like a wave of Nostalgia, neat stuff!

Name: Shishek,
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shishak This guy was a feared, loathed, respected, leader and the first ancient Egyptian name of a pharaoh mentioned in the Bible. However Shishak, Susac and Shishaq were already taken in Ever Quest so Shishek stuck.

Class: aloof and indefinitely preoccupied medic

MTG and FNM and D&D when ever there is time. Never had time for a TV so I don't own one but I've definitely been recommend to watch every series listed so far. Loved EQ and WoW and ToR when there was time.

RPG nerd at heart with a great 800 + Steam game collection w/ DLC's because if you never have time to play them... but if they look engaging enough then why not buy a copy... and then a few more copies for friends? Cuse then they can call tell you about the adventure.

Also who doesn't love Steam sales, they're great!
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Also who doesn't love Steam sales, they're great!

They are awesome.....but not so great for the wallet haha.