Pictorial free-weight guide anyone?

Options
I want to add some weights to my post 55 minute elliptical workout and realized from whatever I remember during grade 12 high school gym (which is only bicep curls and lifting a 10lb weight behind your head for triceps) and 30 day shred is only 7 minutes of weights.

I did a quick google search for a pictorial guide with no luck.

Anyone have a recommended site?

*I’m looking to use the free-weights not the machines. If it’s a seated movement I will be using an exercise ball incase that matters

Replies

• MrsMills712
    Options
    bump; that'd be great to have.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, add the app "JEFIT". It lets you design workouts and has a little icon you can push that'll demo the move. Like having a personal trainer in your pocket! And it's free!
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    fitclick.com
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I love MFP.. but what is lacks is an exercise guide. Sparkpeople has video's of exercise movements both with and without videos... you should check it out. It's really helpful and when I need some info on exercise I go there... (sorry MFP designers)
  • erinjoy002
    erinjoy002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would love one as well. I have very limited memory of what weight routines I did in HS and college athletics. One thing i have been doing is getting on my fitness ball and using it as a weight bench and lifting while sitting or laying on the ball...
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    bump- I need it too, I tend to forget which is what.
  • morelomd
    Options
    Check out P90X's strength training exercises. They have several exercises using free weights to tone your arms, back, and shoulders. I'd give examples but you kind of need to see them.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Youtube. It has everything about every exercise.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    fitclick.com

What she said. Great site! Video demonstrations and written descriptions for hundreds of exercises!

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Here's a fairly decent site. I got some good stuff off of it.. Weight Training 101 :smile:

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/a/weight101.htm