Has anyone clicked on '5 foods you must not eat' ad?

Options
Just was curious - does anyone know the secret behind this ad that keeps popping up on mfp: "5 Foods you must not eat: Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods." ??

Replies

• reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I nvere click on any of the ads, lol!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I clicked on one that showed up on facebook a while back. After 5 minutes of clicking this and that all i ended up was seeing an advert for some diet. I never ever fond out the 5 foods you shouldn't eat.
  • sherendipity
    Options
    I clicked on one like it a while back. After watching about a half an hour of a video I was no closer to finding out than before I clicked. I lost interest.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For a start, how is it possible to reduce 'belly fat' or whatever they claim? You can't spot reduce. I don't believe any of those ads – don't give them the satisfaction of clicking through!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Whatever you "Click On," or Google (if there's an ad for it,) it will be with you for a good while, everywhere you go!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    its a sponsor that pays the site it changes based on ur searches just like fb. oh, never clicked on that one either.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I've clicked on it...it's totally safe. Additionally...the little half hour video they give you doesn't list '5 foods you shouldn't eat'...BUT, it goes into great detail on why you shouldn't eat certain foods. It's up to you to deduce which are which (within general guidelines they set out). At the end of the video they do try to sell you on the ladies diet...BUT, as I said, there's plenty of information in the video where you don't really need to. The diet is mostly a full on daily meal plan for those people too lazy to make one for themselves. It's all based on insulin response and such. Carbs and sugar spikes and how they relate to gaining fat. Since most of us tend to store our fat in our midsection, their description isn't even inaccurate. In order to reduce your waistline, you must eat healthy foods...and they recommend ones that don't spike sugars into your bloodstream (some of which you might be surprised by). If you do this, your overall bodyfat will reduce, including your waist.

Pretty simple, and worth listening to just for the information they present.

Cris
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have. They're touting acai I think. So what.

They say you shouldn't eat bananas, presumably because they cause you to retain water (never mind that potassium is good for you) and that they are a binding agent (if constipation is your undoing, so are bananas). It isn't anything noteworthy, and some of it is wrong and/or misleading.

We all know that the secret to success is to limit your calories, to eat healthy food and to exercise. That's age old, isn't it.

Also, there is an old fashioned legal term, being "trade puffery", meaning that benefits are inflated to get people to buy. That's what's going on here. Don't buy what you already know. It's not worth it :smile:

Mirii
  • chadam1015
    chadam1015 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I found the video interesting and tried to find more info about it before I pay for anything but really didnt find anything helpful enough to make me sign up. I think it is alot like the "whole foods diet". I saw some recipes on there that I might try though.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Oh, by the way...she recommends whole, healthy foods like whole eggs, real butter, real meat (including beef), healthy oils/fats...etc. Things many diets tell you to stay away from. I've lost over 20lbs in a just over a month implementing the things she said (not completely, but using them to help guide my choices) into my own diet.

Thought I'd add that lol.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I haven't clicked on it but I did enter "5 foods you must not eat" into my yahoo browser and it came up with a real site to read some stuff...just common sense stuff though so no big deal, lol! :wink:
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I have. They're touting acai I think. So what.

They say you shouldn't eat bananas, presumably because they cause you to retain water (never mind that potassium is good for you) and that they are a binding agent (if constipation is your undoing, so are bananas). It isn't anything noteworthy, and some of it is wrong and/or misleading.

We all know that the secret to success is to limit your calories, to eat healthy food and to exercise. That's age old, isn't it.

Also, there is an old fashioned legal term, being "trade puffery", meaning that benefits are inflated to get people to buy. That's what's going on here. Don't buy what you already know. It's not worth it :smile:

Mirii

I think that's a different one Mirii?
  • Xephyr
    Xephyr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing that too, with a picture of a banana. I like bananas, I am glad they never actually say that the bananas are bad ;-)
  • Wildeats
    Options
    Crisanderson you are spot on.

The video is super informative actually, and is exactly in line with the new evidence. Eat one ingredient foods, high fat, low carb, and yes <gasp>, throw the concept of calories out the window. No brainer.

Yeah at the end, they try to sell you stuff, but by then you get the hell out of there hahahaha. "Yoink" thanks for the info, bye!!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Crisanderson you are spot on.

The video is super informative actually, and is exactly in line with the new evidence. Eat one ingredient foods, high fat, low carb, and yes <gasp>, throw the concept of calories out the window. No brainer.

Yeah at the end, they try to sell you stuff, but by then you get the hell out of there hahahaha. "Yoink" thanks for the info, bye!!!!
    lol....wow
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Did you notice this post is from 2011???? lol
  • trust463
    trust463 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i got about 9 mins into it and had another commitment. thanks for sparing me the full 1/2 hour.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Nah. It screams "check out the latest fad that won't work and see all the bogus 'testimonials' here" to me.

I'm already restricted enough, LOL. I'm GF. At 47, I have pretty much figured out what I "can" and "can't" eat.

And for a person who doesn't have restrictions like mine, I don't believe any one food is a food you can "never" eat.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That doesn't show up on my page. Right now, my ads are for pajamas with goats on them, fur stretching hoops, and snow boots.

Amazon, you know me too well.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    KandGRanch wrote: »
    That doesn't show up on my page. Right now, my ads are for pajamas with goats on them, fur stretching hoops, and snow boots.

Amazon, you know me too well.

You are so lucky. I want your ads instead of my ads. My ads are always about how not to look like a decrepit old woman. Yeah, thanks. :lol: Alternately, they're about how to enlarge my penis (ETA: not specifically on here, just on sites in general). I'm going to pass on those, I have a feeling such an effect would rather freak my husband out.