crazy crazy question but i gotta know.

Options
how do people who are anorexic lost weight with no stalls???? im 144 5'8 right now and im fighting with the last ten pounds so it seem so contradiction you know. will people dislike menafter this question hum i don't know but ive always wanted to know. just these last stupid pounds are going to drive me insane. any answers?

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    People who are anorexic are not concerned with how the weight loss occurs. So, they keep on going with a 500 calorie type diet. Most of us lose fat slowly, but with some people they are not only losing fat. They begin to lose muscle. When they get off a diet that is super low in calories, such as the HCG Diet they are now fluffier and gain even more weight. Also, they destroy their teeth, gums, and internal organs. But hey, it's weight loss to them. So they don't really care how it's done.
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    lol, I have no clue- You look amazing though- maybe have a BMI score done by a Dr or nutritionist and see if you body is trying to keep you at that weight for a reason- unless you've already done that? Eitherway- congrats to your hard work!
  • supertempdonna
    Options
    I believe with Anorexia it's not so much about weight but about the need to have control over something in your life - so the person controls their food intake obsessively. Hence for the average dieter it's not an obsession - just a goal or target.

Edit: And it goes without saying that it's massively unhealthy.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    People who are anorexic are not concerned with how the weight loss occurs. So, they keep on going with a 500 calorie type diet. Most of us lose fat slowly, but with some people they are not only losing fat. They begin to lose muscle. When they get off a diet that is super low in calories, such as the HCG Diet they are now fluffier and gain even more weight. Also, they destroy their teeth, gums, and internal organs. But hey, it's weight loss to them. So they don't really care how it's done.

While I usually love your posts...please be a bit more sensitive! Having an ED and learning to live with it is a difficult thing...no one wants to hear rude comments.
    And yes, it does destroy your body. I'm 26 years old and have almost no enamal on my teeth, it's now difficult to gain weight, and my bones may show signs of deterioration by the age of 35.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I believe with Anorexia it's not so much about weight but about the need to have control over something in your life - so the person controls their food intake obsessively. Hence for the average dieter it's not an obsession - just a goal or target.

Edit: And it goes without saying that it's massively unhealthy.

Thank you! It's about control usually not weight (at least that's what it was in my case).
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    hummm that make sense oh and thanks so much.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options

While I usually love your posts...please be a bit more sensitive! Having an ED and learning to live with it is a difficult thing...no one wants to hear rude comments.
    And yes, it does destroy your body. I'm 26 years old and have almost no enamal on my teeth, it's now difficult to gain weight, and my bones may show signs of deterioration by the age of 35.

im sorry you went thur that and i cant even imagine but the crazy thing with dieting is i can see how it take over your mind cuz i always worry about going back again didn't mean to hit a nerve for anyone (hugs to maid)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

im sorry you went thur that and i cant even imagine but the crazy thing with dieting is i can see how it take over your mind cuz i always worry about going back again didn't mean to hit a nerve for anyone (hugs to maid)

Oh, you're fine. This question actually gets asked quite often. There are many members on the boards that have a ED...whether it's anorexia, bulimia, or over eating. We're all in the same boat and trying to be healthier. My struggle is ongoing and I have some days where I could easily not eat a thing. I was anorexic/bulimic from ages 10-13. But your question is normal and there is no reason not to ask it. It's the same as 'does having sex count as excersize?'. Everyone wants odd questions answered at some point. And here on MFP...it's only natural to ask about ED's.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

I hear you on that. Towards the end of my post I realized that it was pretty cut and dry without much sensitivity in it. I was typing quickly and then had to get back to a deadline. I do apologize.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I think I understand what are saying
    it's like when someone has gastric bypass and they lose weight so fast and don't seem to plateau and they are eating very low calorie.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I think I understand what are saying
    it's like when someone has gastric bypass and they lose weight so fast and don't seem to plateau and they are eating very low calorie.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    exactly. i just dont understand lol and i guess i never will im assuming you have to wire your mouth shut lol