I'm feeling a bit of headache and hungry before sleep?

Options
Hello. Is it normal? I'm doing something wrong?
I wake up a bit weak too. But I breakfast and all continues normal

Replies

• fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You're not giving away much information there so it's hard to know if you're doing something wrong... but here's a stab based on some guesses.

I'm assuming you've just started dieting, looking at your recent MFP join date. Your body will adapt to fewer calories within a couple of weeks and your hunger and headaches will go away. If not see a doctor or dietician.
  • Hendrickssissy
    Options
    Probably not eating enough which is just as bad as overeating! Make sure you are getting the right amount of calories for your age, activity level and body type. Knowing your body is key to losing weight without side effects. Oh and make sure you are drinking half your body weight in water every day.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    try this: eat some greek yogurt or have half a protein drink right before bed. that worked for me very well, although now i budget my calories so i can have a bowl of cereal before bed, and that works, too.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, being hungry at least sometimes, is usually part of losing weight. However, you might want to make sure your goals aren't too aggressive. Sure, greater deficit means faster weight loss, but what does that matter if it's really difficult or impossible to stick with?
  • soyosoy
    soyosoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for answer me. I was thinking about the greek yogurt. I will try to buy a cereal for nights! Thank you. I'm drinking 2lit
  • stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eating cottage cheese before bed is an excellent snack before bedtime. The cottage cheese will digest slowly (upwards of 8 hours) during sleep while providing your muscles with protein preventing catabolic effects during sleep. You will wake up feeling great and probably not even hungry. Cereal before bedtime ? Don't believe I would ever begin that habit but if it works for you great.
  • Nunilwen
    Nunilwen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always eat a banana with a tiny bit of creamy peanut butter smeared over the top about an hour or 2 before bed and that helps me during the night!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Keep drinking plenty of water. Dehydration gives rise to headaches. Low calories may also cause headaches. But its most likely dehydration. When you suddenly start eating less you are automatically consuming less water. You need to compensate. Your total daily fluid intake should be about 2 litres.

If you are still getting headaches, your electrolytes may be out of balance (this often happens with low carbers) and then you need to drink a salty broth like miso or cupa oup or something. Or just add a bit more salt to your food.
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Oh and make sure you are drinking half your body weight in water every day.

Drinking half your bodyweight IN OUNCES of water. Sheesh.