help, prune juice expired!!

Options
So, (TMI) I am constipated so bad. Hadn't had a good BM in about 4 days. YiKES! not only do i feel bloated but its showing up on the scale. blahh. Weird thing is I have been drinking loads of water 60 + oz a day. Anyway, in need of right now relief i pull out the fridge an expired jug of prune juice. It expired March 2014. Will it be harmful if I drank some? :embarassed:

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    It will probably clean out a lot of things you dont want it to.

Especially in the hospital.

Go for it.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It will probably clean out a lot of things you dont want it to.

Especially in the hospital.

Go for it.

*Sarcasm not needed.*

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll have to pick up a new bottle next time I am at the store
  • AmazingShrinkingMan
    Options
    Yikes! Don't drink it! Go to the drug store and get some of these. They are low cost and I guarantee you'll be craping within a minute or two.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/fleet-liquid-glycerin-laxative-suppositories-4-pack/ID=prod3945858-product

Fleet Liquid Glycerin Laxative Suppositories 4 Pack
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    120 calores for 5.5 ounces of a drink doesn't often fit into my daily goals. I mostly don't drink juice at all. Make sure to eat plenty of veggies and fruit and whole grains and relax. Eventually, it will be fine.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not drink it. Have you tried drink an 8 oz glass of hot water? Like coffee hot? Then walk around for a few minutes. I swear by it.
  • kimbelle_vie
    Options
    Definitely do not drink it. Have you tried drink an 8 oz glass of hot water? Like coffee hot? Then walk around for a few minutes. I swear by it.

Going to try this! thanks
  • 10 years ago I started drinking aloe vera juice on a regular basis and it has completely changed my digestion. I also take a product called "activated fiber" from Herbalife on an as-needed basis.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, what is your date intake like? And I mean good fats like healthy oils, nuts, regular milk, coconut oil things like that. These all help to keep things moving easily down there.

But don't drink the old juice, as someone else said go get a new bottle. Don't listen to whoever was talking about calories, if you are uncomfortable an extra 120 calories isn't going to kill you.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,895 Member
    Options
    Perfect detox.
  • kimbelle_vie
    Options
    10 years ago I started drinking aloe vera juice on a regular basis and it has completely changed my digestion. I also take a product called "activated fiber" from Herbalife on an as-needed basis.

My mom takes that stuff and swears by it. I can't even swallow it lol it tastes that bad. I am probably going to start back on miralax. It works wonders! Taking it at least twice a week and probably some activia yogurt.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My mom takes that stuff and swears by it. I can't even swallow it lol it tastes that bad. I am probably going to start back on miralax. It works wonders! Taking it at least twice a week and probably some activia yogurt.

I take citrucel fiber tablet supplements twice a day to help keep everything going well. I also drink aloe juice. But when things just won't move along, the hot water always does the number :)
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Start back on Miralax? how long have you not taken it? Your system can become dependent on laxatives, which just sets you up for this vicious cycle.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I started drinking aloe vera juice on a regular basis and it has completely changed my digestion. I also take a product called "activated fiber" from Herbalife on an as-needed basis.

When I get up to my full water intake I go 2x a day and it zips right on out.
  • kimbelle_vie
    Options
    Start back on Miralax? how long have you not taken it? Your system can become dependent on laxatives, which just sets you up for this vicious cycle.

By back... I mean take a dose. I don't take it often. Just in situations like this one. It gets things back on track and regular again. Miralax isn't a typical laxative. It's actually probably one of the safest and most recommended by doctors to take.
  • 555_FILK
    555_FILK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WHO... DOES... NUMBER... TWO... WORK FOR??? :laugh: