Second Time's The Charm

Options
Hi, y'all, my names Jillian. I'm 21, living in North Carolina, 5'6" and clocking in at an entirely not excellent 237 lbs. I made this account about a year and a half ago while I was in university up in Massachusetts, though it's safe to say I definitely did not find the motivation to continue more than a day or two before falling off the wagon. So, here I am again, almost 30 lbs heavier than I was back then (thanks to my suffocating job at Mickey D's) and finally, finally so sick of looking at my own fat *kitten* in the mirror that I'm ready to lose it for good this time.

I started a week ago, at 242 - I'm assuming the 5 lbs lost was mostly water weight as I've given up booze, processed juice and soft drinks in favor of water and tea - and I'm doing pretty well so far. I've been consuming between 1200 and 1600 calories a day in addition to three-times-a-week workouts and tracking my movement with the help of an app on my phone. I'm aiming to lose fat, build muscle, and get generally smaller. I'm aiming for a size 12 by Thanksgiving (I'm a size 16 right now), though I'm more concerned with feeling better than actual sizes. Ultimate goal is 160, which I hope to rock in a bikini by this time next year.

In addition to working out, I work full-time, play the ukulele, am working on learning Spanish, and my sister is teaching me how to surf. It's still hard, but it's getting easier, and I'd love to make some connections during my weight loss journey. Thanks for reading and have a blessed night!

Replies

• barbaradetz
    barbaradetz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I struggle with motivation too. I have some health issues because I am a diabetic, but lately I just keep that goal weight in front of me whenever I'm tempted to eat too much or the wrong things or in between meals. I find that coming up with daily motivation is harder for me because I get tired of it and depressed and just give up some days. So I don't think about today like that, I think about whether what I'm doing will help to get me to my goal weight fast or not. The quicker I get there, the less I have to suffer to get there and the happier I'll be with myself. I hope this helps you to fight the good fight.
  • brandiofLA
    brandiofLA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Jillian! You and I are similar in weight and with our stories. Feel free to add me, we can be MFP buddies.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello, you can add me.
  • smokes62
    smokes62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Jillian. Im in the same boat, but have been in it for a little longer than you. I turn 40 this month, and have been 300+ my entire adult life. I was the life of the party in high school, but when the high school athletics stopped, the party did not. And a life of over indulgence put me at 380 pounds, with 3 kids and a bleak future. The fact that I was too heavy to get life insurance made me realize that I had to change. I started at 380 lbs on 7/22/2014. Im now at 344 and plan to be about 275 by next summer. Im 6'5 so i know I will always be a heavy guy, but with MFP and a new gym membership, BETTER DAYS ARE AHEAD !!!
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i've given up 428938924 times, so i definitely understanding lack of motivation. this is the only time that i've felt motivated and dedicated to my goals. i went ahead and added you :)
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: