Hi guys!

Options
Hello Everyone!
I am super excited to be apart of MyFitnessPal. I've been trying to lose weight for a while now but I have always given up. But this time, I'm giving up on giving up. I just recently started my first 24 day challenge to Advocare (Day 3). My cousin introduced me to it and so far it's going wonderful. I am craving fast food and bad things like crazy, but the program makes it easier to stay on track. My hope is to have a good foundation of foods and routines going before my 24 day challenge ends so that I can stay on track. I currently weigh 350lbs and I am looking to lose around 200lbs. It's going to be a long journey and a hard one at that, but I believe in myself. I'd love to meet people on here to help me with motivating myself to stay on track and I would love to help anyone I can! I'm looking so forward to this next chapter in my life :)

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I would love to help if I can! I will try to answer in question you have on your journey! Good luck and stay positive!! It's time to change your life!!
  • smokes62
    smokes62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, Im new to this also. I have tried to loose weight about 5 times in my life, but for the most part, I have just been content with who I was. I was an overweight, but very Jolly, life of the party type guy. In my high school glory days, I was a star athlete, and it came easy, because I was just bigger and tougher than the other kids. Football was my savior. But, as I got older, the workouts stopped, but the party did not. This lead to obesity, and borderline addiction issues.

Now as I near my 40th birthday, I have decided to turn things around. Not just for myself, but mostly for my children. At 380 pounds I found out that I could not afford life insurance on myself, and surely my days are numbered at this weight. So here I go, I started this journey on 7/22/2014 at 380 pounds. Now I eat right and log everything I eat. This is the best way that I have found to take the pounds off. And I recently joined a gym for the first time in over 15 years. BETTER DAYS ARE AHEAD !