Binging once a week?

Options
So I had a huge binge last week that was around 4000 calories. Then, I ate a really clean low calorie diet for the rest of the week, such as fruits or porridge for breakfast, whole grains, such as whole wheat pasta for lunch, and veggies, brown rice and lean meats or fish for dinner. I didn't have a single treat all week. Today however, I accidentally binged on around 3000 calories in the form of : 4 fried eggs, 2 big slices of brown bread and butter and peanut butter, 1 banana, 10 almonds and LOTS of cereal and milk!

I hate doing this, but will it hinder my weight lose if i only do it once a week, and get right back on track the next day? Or should I incorporate more treats into my week instead of binging at all? like say, 2 pastries week? Ideally i wouldn't binge at all because i feel terrible now...

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I would say if it's that bad and you don't have the disipline to say no to a binge then don't restrict yourself so harshly. 3500 calories is a pound gained. So yeah, that binge is really slowing you down if it's weekly. You need to work on self control. Start off slow, don't cut those treats out all at ounce, but don't go outside your calorie goals. You can lose weight eating anything you want as along as you stay within your calories.
  • clairehynes39
    clairehynes39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Generally what I do is I have a treat each day of no more than 150 calories but only if I relly want it. Thats for crisps, chocolate etc I dont include raw nuts as a treat etc. Then once a week I get a takeaway with my hubby and a movie. I order what I like within reason which is normally just a main meal. I dont worry about calories, I stop eating when im full and I enjoy it. Thats it then for another week. If I dont want takeaway Ill cook a nice meal and maybe a dessert. Working for me so far. I dont believe in cutting anything out of a lifestyle change, just everything in moderation.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Is your daily cal goal too low? Why do you feel the need to binge?