Calorie Burning

Options
So I've been entering all of my workouts into my daily log, but the weight training workouts aren't showing any calorie burn. Why is that? Can someone help please?

Replies

• sassy09
    sassy09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing :tongue:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    On MFP only the cardio section shows a burn. There is an area here for weight training or cross training if you want to log the calorie burn.
  • Soccerstar19
    Options
    They don't add any calories because they aren't cardio and your building muscle.
  • Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Strength training, while very important, doesn't burn a lot of calories. I enter mine just to keep track of my schedule, but let the calories be "bonus" burn! lol
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    the reps area is just for keeping track - if you want it to log on the calories you have to log it in exercise (weight training etc) as well. Depending on how you work out, you may or may not get your heart rate high enough to log weight lifting for the calories. I do a weights class that is very fast paced so I log it, but if I just do machines I wouldn't as I tend to do it at a much lower heart rate and would only have 100 or 150 to log (and I figure that's enough of a wiggle room to just leave off.)