How often do you all have cheat days

Options
I do mine every weekend because during the weekdays I eat a whole lot less

Replies

• bigdaddy987
    Options
    I never have a cheat day #flexible dieting.
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm mister no days off, so never
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I just make what I want to eat fit into my macros, if not for today then for tomorrow by pre-logging it.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I must have cheat days. Its no way I can diet for a week without a cheat. lol.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I check my weekly stats before having one. If i can do it and still have a 1 pound loss, then I do it. If I can't, then I don't.

I just add my net calories and add my burn and BMR then divide by 3500.
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have neve had a cheat day. In fact, I have a hard time eating 1200 cals and have to force myself to eat more.
    Has anyone found that by the third or forth week you get full very fast, and then I don't want to eat any more food.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am just hearing so much good things about counting calories. I must start this next week. I have to eat 2697 calories
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have neve had a cheat day. In fact, I have a hard time eating 1200 cals and have to force myself to eat more.
    Has anyone found that by the third or forth week you get full very fast, and then I don't want to eat any more food.

No. But I am not on a 1200 calorie diet either.

A cheat day for me is dinner out with my hunky husband, movies with friends, taking my kids to the fair..things like that.

I am good enough throughout the week, that those days don't hurt me when I look at it from a weekly standpoint.

I also don't workout on Sundays. God said day of rest. Lol
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    I don't need a cheat day because I'm not on a "diet." I changed the way I eat, the way I look at food, and my activity level so that I can accomplish the goals that I set for myself and do the things that make me happy. If I want to eat something, I factor it in to my calories for the day and/or get in a little extra activity if necessary. It was the focusing on "being good" or "being bad" that kept me from keeping the weight off. Now I focus on being healthy and doing what makes me happy, even if that means eating a little ice cream.
  • AuroraD82
    AuroraD82 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My people gather often enough that I just attend the event and chaulk it up to good times. On the weekends I switch my fast times to allow my to have breaky with my family. I haven't done either since starting MFP so this weekend, we'll see what it all adds up to. The thought worries me to actually know how many calories are in my happy face pancakes..
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No cheat days here. I like what I eat so no need to cheat on it.
  • TheFrugalFatass
    TheFrugalFatass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat days," either. There are foods that I absolutely don't eat because they trigger binges for me (sweets and potato chips), but otherwise, I eat what I eat and I manage to stay within my calorie range. Occasionally, I'll go over, but I don't consider that cheating; I consider it life.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat day" because, well you can guess what would happen. I do however have a "reward meal" which means if I've lost weight I get something nice to eat.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Never. I don't restrict anything.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    Every 5 lbs I lose I have a cheat meal. Meal! Not day
  • ghurl7
    ghurl7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i won't call it "cheat" .. just an "indulge meal" that is eaten but still mindful of your macros/caloric intake ...

but a medical advice says .... follow the 80/20 rule ... 80% of you total meal = healthy & 20% would be the "not-so-healthy"

LOL
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days either. If I have an evening out/meal with friends where I know I'll go over, I'll eat less during the day and/or do more exercise and/or make up for it on other days and/or just accept it as part of life, but still log it.

Similar to other responses, I don't see myself as 'dieting', I'm just making sure I'm eating the right amount for my goals. I don't categorise foods into 'good' or 'bad' so If I want a certain thing I'll find a way to fit it in.
  • cassique
    cassique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you consider a "Cheat Day". If it is eating over calorie goals one day, then I do it at least once a week, but I don't consider that cheating because I focus more on my weekly averages than my day to day goals.

If you are talking about a day without logging, I try never to do that, but I seem to have had one of those a month since starting--due to being at a party where I would make myself crazy trying to figure out everything I ate--and I don't believe in deprivation for the long term. Last weekend I had two days that were like that. The first party had more exotic food and I wanted to try everything, so I didn't log that one. The second was was typical BBQ fare so I did the best I could to log that.

When I have one of those days I expect to see a gain two days after and don't beat myself up over it and just get back to business. Now that I am on maintenance, I am trying to get as much data as possible to find out my calorie range so I am even more meticulous about logging right now. I have a party to go to today, but I will log and I will stay away from picky foods (my weakness).
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    In the past I tried this cheat day idea. What I found is that it ends up sabotaging all the hard work that I put in during the week. As others have said, try a cheat meal. And log it, continue to log that meal with the rest of your day. When you complete your logging for the day and my fitness pal tells you what you will weigh in 5 weeks if everyday is like this day, you will see how important it is to not to continue eating cheat meals daily.

Good luck, keep tracking your calories even on meals that you know you will go over for the day, and get a food scale if you don't have one.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I must have cheat days. Its no way I can diet for a week without a cheat. lol.

Same here!
    Otherwise i feel like i'm depriving myself (and that's when i'd start to mess up).
    Mine is usually Friday or Saturday and i just do a little more exercise over the weekend.