Please help

Options
Looking for some handy lunch ideas I can take to work ...please help.

Replies

• chango69
    Options
    if you have a smart phone check out the app diet2go, good food plans for the day, hope this helps
  • Hotlips69
    Options
    I cook 6 chicken breast always at one time to keep chicken cooked in the fridge that way its easy to make a salad, a wrap, or just eat chicken with veggies. Having things prepared ahead of time makes it so much easier, then you just need to add cold or hot items with them. Mango is amazing with chicken so peel and cube add onions celery and spices this can be put on a salad as well as a wrap. Being creative with thing you enjoy help. I also keep raw nut on hand to add to anything as a fiber. they work well crushed in stir frys!
  • geder62
    Options
    I try to prepare my lunches for the week on Sunday. Usually I will make a bag of lentils and add a jar of salsa, then I seperate them into 1 cup tupperware containers and freeze them. Its quick and SO nutritious, packed with protein and fiber. That and an apple takes care of me until dinner.
  • alliegator89
    alliegator89 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If there is a Trader Joe's around you they have some great frozen meals that don't have a bunch of preservatives in them. I particularly like the no guilt baked ziti, spinach lasagna and chicken burritos.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    a couple of preboiled eggs lightly salted and peppered mashed then put on a single slice of whole wheat or whole grain bread or a whole wheat or whole grain wrap. If you do not like eggs use precooked chicken strips with fresh veggies I happen to really like the chicken and veggie wraps, use spinach, green peppers, red peppers and a few hot peppers if you like them. A small amount of light mayo and a little mustard for extra flavour if you need it.