Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mpdkg8gPtd1s752lqo1_250.gif
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    Load of rubbish for people that don't want to put the work in.You're basically skipping meals so of course you'll lose weight.Some people are so gullible
  • aubtimusprime
    aubtimusprime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love that I've read both this and the Shakeology threads today. Do some research, folks!
  • Floobaloob
    Floobaloob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    At ~200 calories a shake of course it's a diet!

Of course it works. Takes all the guesswork out of eating for people who have no idea about food and you should get results no matter what you eat for that 3rd meal.

Simple calorie restriction and lots of hard sell by people who are so brainwashed that they genuinely believe all the pseudoscience and bollocks they spout at you. Of course they take a personal interest and support you all the way because they believe that they really will help you by getting you on herbalife.

As for cellular nutrition, let's think for a moment what an individual cell needs for it's metabolism and function.
    Most importantly a nice easy substrate to use for energy (oxidative posphorylation making lots of little ATPs). The individual cell loves glucose (sugar) but most will use fatty acids if they have to.
    Next we need some building blocks for making signalling and transport molecules. A lot of these are protein based so we need a nice supply of amino acids. For individual cells (not growing muscle cells) not that much protein is actually needed.
    Maybe chuck in some electrolytes (glucose is absorbed better from the gut when co-transported with sodium, but that's not really looking at individual cells).

So we need to make a shake that feeds the cells. I propose some protein and many simple carbs.... Tada herbalife shake.

I've been going to one of their free fitcamps for 3 weeks and it's been fascinating. The exercise part is actually quite good, but its been amazing to see how gullible most people are, even in an area where selling anything is notoriously difficult and the people are known for being stingy *kitten*.
  • afittomorrow
    Options
    while yes, it may just be easier to cut out 500 calories a day, it is not that easy for some. I have been on a constant roller coaster with losing weight. counting calories has made me OBSESS over the numbers to the point that it was ruining my life. I'm an obsessive person by nature and already have an extremely unhealthy relationship with food and herbalife has already helped to correct that. before, i would constantly be worrying about my next meal and my entire life tended to revolve around food. if i brought food from home, would i have enough time to wait on the microwave line to heat it up? would my coworkers tempt me into ordering food / eating in the cafeteria? will the cafeteria have healthy options? eventually, when it became too much to bear, i would resort to bingeing in private and either a) hating myself for weeks or b) purging. my relationship with food, as well as myself, was not good. herbalife has been a game changer for me. i know exactly what i'm having for breakfast and lunch (which allows me to focus more at work as well as hit the gym during my lunch break) and have the satisfaction of knowing that no matter what i eat for dinner, i will most likely still be under my calorie goal. its peace of mind for me (as well as many others)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    1 - It's a MLM scheme, so of course the people who sell it want more people to be sucked in.

2 - It's calorie restriction, so of course you'll lose weight (if you live).

3 - Their products have been shown to be unhealthy (see links on the page below).

Here's info on HL. http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    Especially see, under "recent information": Significant Lead Levels Found in Herbalife Products
    And under "journal articles" read both of them, talking about liver damage & death from liver failure after taking HL crap.

Save money & your life, eat real food in moderation.
    That is something you can stick to the rest of your life. It's a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My brother sold Herbaliife in the 90"s. I supported him and purchased those awful shakes and those pills you were supposed to take 30 minutes prior to meals. It was like taking speed. I used to get light headed and almost pass out at work. I was all sweaty like a junkie, Ack!

I have since learned that I do not want a quick fix. I want something I can live with long term. Shortcuts work best for me when I am on my way home from a walk or run and I cut across the field instead of going around the block to get home.

It takes effort to get where I want to be, I know I am worth it.

The answer to your question is NO. I did not have success with Herbalife.
  • skv1974
    skv1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My family and I have used Herbalife products since 1999. I found Herbalife when I was trying to lose weight to join the Army. I lost 30lbs and joined. I used the products during my 8 years of service to maintain and lose weight after having my kids. Army Weight Standards..you know :) I also used the products during both of my tours in Iraq. It was just easier for me. My kids drink shakes and love them. My pediatrician said they are healthy so keep doing what you are doing :) I have heard all the negative things over the years and I still Love my Herbalife!!!! 15yrs of Healthy and Happy :)

Find what works for you and what you love!!!!